Review AFLW Round 1: SHOWDOWN v Port Power, Saturday 2 September, 2:35pm, Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a frustrating first half with a great second half of footy. I like the new Irish forward player, seems like a natural talent for kicking. Really keen to see how our forward structures will change over this season.

Turnovers this quarter are just flat out garbage, Goodwin showing zero awareness so far at this level
That is a rudiculous comment. Goodwin was left standing at the interchange gate in first qtr for several minutes after rotatiion shouldve happened. Finally got on feild at 11 min mark, by then all other players were into the pace of game. Had lowest time on feild of any player by a long way but was second in number of intercepts for both teams, equal 6th in marks., equal 6 in tackles and was out by herself numerous occasions but was ignored by players wanting to kick down the line. Her direct opponents had minimal posessions. A solid first game.

That is a rudiculous comment. Goodwin was left standing at the interchange gate in first qtr for several minutes after rotatiion shouldve happened. Finally got on feild at 11 min mark, by then all other players were into the pace of game. Had lowest time on feild of any player by a long way but was second in number of intercepts for both teams, equal 6th in marks., equal 6 in tackles and was out by herself numerous occasions but was ignored by players wanting to kick down the line. Her direct opponents had minimal posessions. A solid first game.
Then in second quarter, Mueller was off for long period of time :/

I'm just going through my AFLw w/l stats. And I just realised the showdown handed Port Adelaide a 1-1-9 record in AFLw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back