Review AFLW Round 7 - Adelaide v Western Bulldogs @ Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like I haven't seen Randall all quarter. Are they resting her?
Hatchy, Noffy and Randall finished the quarter on the bench. Game was over. Reckon Randall was there for much longer though. No point risking her.

Gotta give Noffy credit. She would run the length of the field to receive the ball and would continually do so all game. Spent most of the final minutes of each quarter on the bench because of it, but her running was a highlight.

Eb and Hatchy do 95% of our post-game interviews.

With Phillips gone, they're the only two players most non-Crows fans are actually aware of.

I'm just glad Marinoff was busy doing that instead of coming off the ground to wish Ballard well. I can't think of anything more terrifying than standing on crutches with a busted knee and a fired-up Marinoff comes charging off the ground to slap you on the back :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am seeing some fancy kicking from our girls. Some of Kelly's Gaelic footy rubbing off. Some outside of the foot passes etc.
Kelly side-stepping her way into space, sprinting forward and then doing a little side of the foot pass to a forward is beautiful to watch.

EJ is just elite.
I reckon she has the longest kick in the side.
That moment when the commentators thought Rachele was fast, but was outrun by Aurora Smith, EJ showed she was actually faster.
And finally that huge mark she took and held while colliding with an opponent.
Probably our most elite.
Agree she has the lot.

Full forward for five years to come. So exciting.

Outside of Phillips having stints there, I'm trying to think if we've ever had a full forward of her type before. One that actually played regularly, I mean.

Thinking back throughout the years, it was Perkins, then Scheer, then a brief experiment with Biddell, followed by Woodland.

I guess Woodland was a similar type, tall and rangy. Feels like a very different player though.

Looking ahead to next week, Ballard will be out. I wonder if they'll bring Tonon back and shuffle things around (Randall to the midfield?), or if they'll try to bring in one of our untried midfielders? I guess probably not playing away against Brisbane, not the time to experiment (although they never seem to experiment when it is time to do so!)

Munyard will be lucky to survive that performance, too. She might be spared just because Ballard is already out.

Looking ahead to next week, Ballard will be out. I wonder if they'll bring Tonon back and shuffle things around (Randall to the midfield?), or if they'll try to bring in one of our untried midfielders? I guess probably not playing away against Brisbane, not the time to experiment (although they never seem to experiment when it is time to do so!)

Munyard will be lucky to survive that performance, too. She might be spared just because Ballard is already out.
Randall was playing mix of midfield/forward this game.

As head of the Taylah Levy fan club, I’ll start picketing outside West Lakes early next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back