Review AFLW Round 1: SHOWDOWN v Port Power, Saturday 2 September, 2:35pm, Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I will put my hand up and say I don't enjoy watching AFLW, but I won't rubbish it either and understand and agree why it is needed.

I'm just popping in to enjoy the clean sweep against Port this year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The AFL stuffed up by having too many teams too quickly.

Should have left it at 10 teams for years, let the talent come through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Professional performance in the second half.

Jones is a weapon up forward, and we can afford to move her with Kelly playing like that.

Defence is still our strongest line, even without Allan. Biddell still playing excellent footy and Prowse is so clean for a tall. I liked Newman and Tonon back there. Allen was good in patches. SLT looked a bit lost at times but I think she's more useful on the wing.

Niamh Kelly take a bow, one of the best games I’ve seen by a Crow in this competition.

28 disposals, 21 kicks, 5 marks and a goal. ☘️
Determined to take the game on, too. She reminded me of peak-era Mattner, just running around players at will.

Probably the best game Martin has played in two seasons, too.

Juggling our four ruck-sized players is going to be fascinating. I think Prowse is locked in down back. Gould is clearly preferred up forward but is also our best ruck. Allan looks good around the ground but got beaten in the ruck. McKinnon is best behind the ball but Prowse is already there.

My guess is we'll persist with all four until Sarah Allan gets back, but after that one goes out, probably McKinnon at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back