Review AFLW Round 4 - GWS v Adelaide @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well glad it was a good win. But I’m not checking for football at 10:30 am on a Saturday. Completely forgot it was on. I could obviously seek the information each week but some marketing around game times etc would definitely help the league grow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well glad it was a good win. But I’m not checking for football at 10:30 am on a Saturday. Completely forgot it was on. I could obviously seek the information each week but some marketing around game times etc would definitely help the league grow.
Whilst I don’t like that they schedule morning matches I also didn’t mind it, watched it over breakfast then able to go off to do other things, much prefer Saturday mornings to Sunday mornings.

Whilst I don’t like that they schedule morning matches I also didn’t mind it, watched it over breakfast then able to go off to do other things, much prefer Saturday mornings to Sunday mornings.

Yeah that’s fair. I’m not in Adelaide so maybe it’s promoted better there.

The only mention of it I see in places I would come across it is the clubs AFLW instagram account and the time is by far the smallest text on the image.

With all the coverage the men’s game gets I don’t even have to look.

I missed the 3:30 game a few weeks back too for the same reason.

I don’t mean to complain because like I said I could check the fixture but you assume that you can do that after 3:30 on a Friday and if not at lunch time on a Saturday haha.

That’s a fifth of the season I’ve missed.

And I’m someone who does watch the games as often as I can.

But maybe the marketing might be lacking to the more casual audience they need to grow it further.

Yeah that’s fair. I’m not in Adelaide so maybe it’s promoted better there.

The only mention of it I see in places I would come across it is the clubs AFLW instagram account and the time is by far the smallest text on the image.

With all the coverage the men’s game gets I don’t even have to look.

I missed the 3:30 game a few weeks back too for the same reason.

I don’t mean to complain because like I said I could check the fixture but you assume that you can do that after 3:30 on a Friday and if not at lunch time on a Saturday haha.

That’s a fifth of the season I’ve missed.

And I’m someone who does watch the games as often as I can.

But maybe the marketing might be lacking to the more casual audience they need to grow it further.
Yeah fully agree, AFL likes to pick and choose when they market/acknowledge the competition then if the metrics show some minor successes they argue they’re doing more then enough

A solid runaway win in the end, when it looked a little shaky at stages.

I thought a 10 goal win would be the the minimum today and we got that.

While our defence has been depleted this season, how amazing has our offence been. Our lowest score of the season has been 41 and we ran up the score today.

These matches would be better played on a Tuesday or Wednesday night than at 11.05pm on a Saturday or 5.05pm on a Friday
Today the last AFLW game finished at 3.00pm AEST and the AFL Prelim starts at 5:15pm AEST, now that’s just 2 wasted hours right there.

The AFL Prelim then finishes at 7:45 PM AEST, you could even fit in a game after it.

Today the last AFLW game finished at 3.00pm AEST and the AFL Prelim starts at 5:15pm AEST, now that’s just 2 wasted hours right there.

The AFL Prelim then finishes at 7:45 PM AEST, you could even fit in a game after it.
Exactly. An 8:00 pm AEST start isn't horrendously late.

Plenty of ways you could do it, Alberton Oval has lights now so you could’ve played the Port/Cats game at 7:30PM ACST or West Coast has lights at their ground that they don’t seem to use at all, that game could’ve started at 6pm local.
That'd just make way too much sense for the bozos down at AFL House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back