Review AFLW Round 10 - West Coast v Adelaide - Saturday 4 November @ Mineral Resources Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Munyard played pretty well after her usual indifferent start, thought far too many senior players were just picking and choosing their moments to go and not go and that’s not just isolated to this game, Charlton (again), Jones & Newman among them.

Tonon won’t make it at this level if she doesn’t sort out her poor ability below her knees, she’s not even a tall player yet as soon as the ball is at ground level she’s worse than McKinnon… speaking of which I’m still not sure of McKinnon’s future in the team/at the club, 35 hit outs and complete domination in the ruck and 15 disposals (the most she’s had) yet thought her hitouts were just poorly directed and as usual her execution by hand and foot horrible.
I thought that was the best game I've seen McKinnon play. She did a fair bit around the ground, got involved in some good plays.

Jess Alan is amazing though, with her taps. I don't know why the oppositon rucks can't stop it. We have a set play to tap to Ponter, Marinoff, Hatchard - one of them runs through the stoppage, and it comes off so many times. Very strong play.

I'm really peeved... just realised GF day is the same day as my end of year concert. :huh:
Should've kept the season at the beginning of the year.

My dad told me yesterday that if we win the QF, we'd be hosting the PF at Norwood Oval when the V8s are just down the road.

Should've kept the season at the beginning of the year.

My dad told me yesterday that if we win the QF, we'd be hosting the PF at Norwood Oval when the V8s are just down the road.

A similar situation happened in 2017. The one game at Norwood that season was the same weekend as Clipsal

There's always going to be other sports on.

Eventually they will play AFLW at the same time as the men. Until then, anything is makeshift, but at least the women now don't play the season through the hottest part of the year.
Yeah i agree no issue but the parking will be a pain more so than usual.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

I've completely lost track of what we're planning at Thebarton. Is the plan eventually for us to be able to host women's games (and finals) there?
Well that’s still the plan, Silvers came out in that Q&A he done and said the capacity would be close to 10,000 but going by the images that does look a bit of a stretch.

Speaking of capacity, commented earlier this season how they should maybe at least look into whether some temporary scaffold type stands could have been setup at Norwood to increase capacity if the Grand Final is hosted there. Highly unlikely that’s ever been in the thought process for anyone involved in those decisions though.

Interesting coaches votes this week:

7 Ella Roberts (WCE)
5 Danielle Ponter (ADEL)
5 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
5 Montana McKinnon (ADEL)
4 Rachelle Martin (ADEL)
3 Charlotte Thomas (WCE)
1 Madison Newman (ADEL)

Seven players listed, so there must be three of those players that both coaches voted for, and four players who are unique. Which means at least one coach voted a player BOG when the other coach didn't give them a single vote. It's possible both coaches did! And if not both coaches, then one coach must have given Martin four votes and the other none.

Obviously Roberts got votes from both coaches, and Newman only got it from one, but beyond that there are lots of possibilities. Definitely not a unique breakdown.

In related news, Marinoff ended up fourth overall on the leaderboard with 64 (Jasmine Garner 81, Laura Gardiner 74, Ally Anderson 65 ahead of her). Our next best was Hatchard with 38.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back