Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v Gold Coast
Sunday 1 October, 4:35pm
Unley Oval

Last week, the Crows ran up the scoreboard against GWS, while Gold Coast continued their surprisingly good form with a win over the Bulldogs.

At the start of the season, I would've pencilled this in as a similar result to last week. But Gold Coast have been a bit of a surprise packet this season with a 3-1 record and will come into this game full of confidence.

Will we make it 5-0 going into the tougher half of the season, or will Gold Coast join us at 4-1?

Last edited:
Coaches votes are out for the GWS match, but the round 4 thread seems to be locked so I'll put them here.

9 Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
9 Eloise Jones (ADEL)
4 Danielle Ponter (ADEL)
3 Alyce Parker (GWS)
2 Rebecca Beeson (GWS)
2 Chelsea Randall (ADEL)
1 Anne Hatchard (ADEL)

Unique breakdown other than being able to swap Marinoff/Jones, and Beeson/Randall

5 Marinoff/Jones
4 Jones/Marinoff
3 Ponter
2 Beeson/Randall
1 Hatchard

5 Jones/Marinoff
4 Marinoff/Jones
3 Parker
2 Randall/Beeson
1 Ponter

Gold Coast are a good even team that really have a crack, also have pretty good fitness base so they’ll last for longer than the GWS team did, they’ll be dangerous around contests with Rowbottom much like Parker last week leading the line but with a couple of more solid unheralded types around her coming along to support her and Bohanna and Stanton are very good goal sneaks up forward.

Looking forward to this match as a matchup much more than last weeks match, hopefully a solid contest, a good result and good solid prep for next weeks tough battle against the Demons juggernaut.

Gold Coast are a good even team that really have a crack, also have pretty good fitness base so they’ll last for longer than the GWS team did, they’ll be dangerous around contests with Rowbottom much like Parker last week leading the line but with a couple of more solid unheralded types around her coming along to support her and Bohanna and Stanton are very good goal sneaks up forward.

Looking forward to this match as a matchup much more than last weeks match, hopefully a solid contest, a good result and good solid prep for next weeks tough battle against the Demons juggernaut.

Yes, I'm expecting a similar contest to the first 2/3 or so of the GWS match where they keep up with us for a while and then slowly fade away, but without the ten goal blowout following it.

On a side note, I see Tayla Harris is out of Melbourne's match with a hamstring strain. I wonder if she's any chance to miss the round 6 match against us as well?

I had a dream last night (actually 2)

And the football related one was our womens team lost to Sydney by a goal :(

Here's hoping that's not foreshadowing a finals loss to them.

Having said that, the other was the war in Ukraine coming to an end with Russia pulling out.

So maybe I do want both to come true

Or can we compromise and have the end of the war, but no loss to Sydney?

I had a dream last night (actually 2)

And the football related one was our womens team lost to Sydney by a goal :(

Here's hoping that's not foreshadowing a finals loss to them.

Having said that, the other was the war in Ukraine coming to an end with Russia pulling out.

So maybe I do want both to come true

Or can we compromise and have the end of the war, but no loss to Sydney?
We don't play Sydney this year and doubt they'll make finals.

In a bit of a surprise Munyard has been called in to replace Varnhagen not Thompson who has been left out despite being fit to play. She’s had a poor season until the injury but still as surprise given the inexperience in the backline.

In a bit of a surprise Munyard has been called in to replace Varnhagen not Thompson who has been left out despite being fit to play. She’s had a poor season until the injury but still as surprise given the inexperience in the backline.
Maybe it's a case of her being available but underdone?

Varnhagen out is the obvious but correct move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back