Review AFLW QF - Adelaide v Brisbane. Saturday 11 November @ Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I only saw the 1st half and was surprised we were in front at the half as I thought Brisbane were playing better than us.
But we got done by 2 points. Not 119--2. Any game under a goal could have gone either way. The comments on here feel more like what I'd expect if it had been 119.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
IMHO there is only a cigarette paper between the top four team.

I was at the game yesterday and at times Brisbane were dominating. At other times we were totally in control. We were well on top in the second half but they hurt us on the rebound.

If we play them again it will be even money. Sarah Allan and her sister 🙄 Najwa need another game or two to hit their best form. Sarah seems to have lost confidence since her return (not surprisingly).

So…. Still on track to play Melbourne in the GF at Norwood Oval.

A home GF is still possible assuming both Melbourne and Adelaide get thru the next two weeks given Adelaide finished above Melbourne.

Adelaide need to beat both Sydney and Roos and Melbourne need to beat Geelong and Brisbane.

One week at a time tho.

Stupidly we get the home GF (if we make it) even if we play Brisbane

Still a higher seed despite losing to them

So is there any way to host the grand final now?
I suppose if we keep winning and Melbourne keep winning we would host it, correct?

Otherwise we won't?

Pretty obvious rule "clarification", it's surprising they needed to do so.

There are two obvious ways for this rule to work. Either they do it how they have now clarified, or they do it where teams go into a finals series with a seed, and the winning team takes the higher seed (so Brisbane would become #1 seed for beating us).

Pretty obvious rule "clarification", it's surprising they needed to do so.

There are two obvious ways for this rule to work. Either they do it how they have now clarified, or they do it where teams go into a finals series with a seed, and the winning team takes the higher seed (so Brisbane would become #1 seed for beating us).
They needed to clarify because they had apparently told the Crows and Channel 7 the exact opposite.

They needed to clarify because they had apparently told the Crows and Channel 7 the exact opposite.

Yeah, I guess what I mean is I can't believe the rule was written "wrong" in the first place.

When they say "clarified" they clearly mean "corrected", since the rules as originally written did have us still hosting the GF if we make it regardless of opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back