Preview AFLW Preliminary Final: Adelaide v North Melbourne - Sunday 26 November @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically if you can’t kick, unless you have another elite trait (eg Hatchard) you can leave.

Is that error level acceptable at this level?

Also there’s a couple of very notable softies. Unfortunately one has a great leg.

Bottom line is the level of the AFLW has gone past us.
Where we could dominate through sheer force and effort, now our lack of skills are exposed. North's ability to hit targets on the move is far superior to ours. Brisbane the same.
We have too many players who hack the ball. Players who can't kick. They are all effort, very little skill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two seasons in a row Adelaide put way too much weight on the form/positions of players during the thumpings of mediocre teams and have been left with key players silent and/or out of position in important finals.

* that. I reckon at least four times Sarah Allan handballed the ball in a tackle and got called HTB tonight.
The big thing I noticed was the disparity in the ball ups when it was stuck up Adelaide's end before the Hatchard goal. They were all "ok guys, sep... SURPRISE QUICK THROW UP!"

Once it got down the other end two minutes later it was suddenly "back up... ok give me space... ruck 1 nominate... ruck 2 nominate... ok about to commence the start of the procedure before throwing the ball in the a..." Meanwhile North have flooded an extra five players back.

Both grand finalists given absolute armchair rides in the prelim to win by less than a goal each.

By all rights it should be Adelaide vs Geelong in the grand final next week.
We cost ourselves the match with our horrendous skills and composure. The umpiring didn't help but North were better than us all day and deserved the win

We cost ourselves the match with our horrendous skills and composure. The umpiring didn't help but North were better than us all day
We lost by one point after being absolutely rooted in the first quarter and generally screwed for the rest of the match. We held North to two goals in the last three quarters after they were gifted two in the first.

I get that we did a lot of things wrong, but all else being equal, we win that match.

We lost by one point after being absolutely rooted in the first quarter and generally screwed for the rest of the match. We held North to two goals in the last three quarters after they were gifted two in the first.

I get that we did a lot of things wrong, but all else being equal, we win that match.
The umpiring in that first quarter was disgusting. In a very even game, the free kick count was 1-7 at one stage.

The umpiring didn't make our best players play like s**t and pretty much everyone to drop sitters, miss uncontested handballs or just kick straight to North.

Everything equal North were better and win

The 1st Qtr was it
So laconic AFC

Both grand finalists given absolute armchair rides in the prelim to win by less than a goal each.

By all rights it should be Adelaide vs Geelong in the grand final next week.
Comparing the two games is a little unfair.

Geelong were 100% robbed. North probably deserved that, sure, the umpiring wasn't great. But when jones/Gould/Najwa/Mueller/Waterhouse upon others don't show up. It's a little unfair to place blame elsewhere. North were the better side today. (But not as much as Rd 9 where they were far and away better than us)

Might have been 1 point but it was just an utter s**t performance with half the team’s output disgraceful, 2 s**t performances in prelims in back to back seasons after 2 s**t performances in the qualifying final in both seasons. Clarke would/should have flashbacks of 2005/06.

Nothing will change though finished top, go again next year wallpaper over again an unaccountable midfield that didn’t even look where Bruton & Riddell were today, select a slow fumbly defence and an enigmatic forward line that can’t make a good decision by hand or foot under any sort of slight pressure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back