AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Melbourne v Adelaide
Saturday 7 October
2:35pm Adelaide time/3:05pm Melbourne time
Casey Fields

One of the games of the season is upon us as the two remaining undefeated sides go head to head. Who will remain undefeated?

Allen and Thompson both available for selection this week. Will be interesting to see how they rejuggle the side if they pick them - I'm fairly certain Allen at least will be selected. One of Tonon/Goodwin out to clear a space in defence? Munyard unlucky as last in, first out? McKinnon dropped again? Possibly even Bonner dropped and Randall moved forward again?

Rajcic will take the rest of the season off as maternity leave, with her job as defence coach to be temporarily taken over by Brodie Smith of all people.

Edit: She will continue coaching for two more weeks first apparently.

Last edited:
Really feel for McKinnon, she just can't seem to lock in her spot despite not doing much wrong. But we do need speed against Melbourne so I guess Thompson gets the nod there.

I haven't been very impressed with Thompson this season so hopefully she gets going now.

Tonon out is fair. She's been the weakest of our regular defenders this year. I am still wondering what will happen when Allan comes back. Hopefully not Prowse out...

Allen and Thompson in for Tonon McKinnon.

Hard to argue with that.
I would’ve preferred if they would’ve double teamed Lauren Pearce in ruck with Allan & McKinnon, especially as it’s not going to be wet on Saturday & Allan has shown some signs of fatigue in the second half the last 2 weeks.

Also if Gould has to come up to ruck more it plays into Melbourne’s hands as one of their main strengths is 190cm Tahlia Gillard roaming around down back & towering over everyone taking intercept marks without much competition. Have to make her & Birch actually defend or they will just cut off most scoring opportunities.

Paxman being out helps, but they have so much depth in the middle it’s just death by a thousand cuts; Hanks, Mithen, Purcell, McNamara & West are so strong & just always around every contest and that’s not even mentioning the ridiculously quick mid/forwards that pinch hit up the ground & track back to goal like Hore and Bannan.

I’ll go as far to say it would be the Crows women’s greatest win outside of the flags if they can somehow quell all those danger players and end Melbourne’s 14 game winning streak, the Crows last win out there in the sticks in Casey back in 2019 seems so long ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back