Preview Changes: R18 vs GWS, Saturday July 15th, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

How many unforced changes will we make?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ferrari's dont like to be driven in July winters especially a cold wet windy one in Adelaide.
"Thank you for your invitation to play a winter sport on a hot summer's day at your oval. We respectfully decline.
However, we cordially invite you to play a return game at our oval on a cold winter night"

(Just had a thought. The AFLPA should push for no day games to be scheduled in Bris, Syd or Perth for rounds 1 and 2 in the interests of player welfare. To put it in perspective, the only game West Coast have won this season was against GWS after that sauna game.)

Last edited:

Berry out of emergencies (sickness) for Schoenberg.

Himmelberg is there purely for tall backup... based on the presser I think we will definitely take this chance to rest Soligo. Schoenberg unlikely to bunny hop McHenry as the sub - ALTHOUGH, we did announce this change. Interesting one. Wonder if it's a Lachie Murphy "sore neck" type response to Tom Green being out. Schoenberg to test his mettle in the middle against less glimmering stars.

Perusing the ladder, if results go our way this weekend (as the betting odds suggest), we can jump to 6th on the ladder and just a game + around 8% to make up to land Top 4 which the Dees occupy.

Ironically we play the Dees the following week and if the Lions roll the Cats as well, it makes our job easier to land Top 4.

Incredible year.

Perusing the ladder, if results go our way this weekend (as the betting odds suggest), we can jump to 6th on the ladder and just a game + around 8% to make up to land Top 4 which the Dees occupy.

Ironically we play the Dees the following week and if the Lions roll the Cats as well, it makes our job easier to land Top 4.

Incredible year.
Dees at the G

No win.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nicks is wedded to his best 23-24. He is incapable of moving away from it. A pretty piss poor effort from him that he has no trust whatsoever in any player outside of that group.
... and absolute blind trust in Sholl, Murphy and McHenry.

I expect the GWS game to be HOT, which will see Sholl squib out under pressure. It's his way.
Murphy will look like he's doing something, when not --- it's a rare talent.
And McHenry will huff and puff without blowing any GWS doors open, then run out of puff as per last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However, it’s their ball movement that has King worried as they fight for a spot inside the top eight.

“The Crows have lost their game. They’re the worst team in the competition, and that includes West Coast, at being able to move the ball in the last six weeks,” King told SEN’s The Picks.

“They’ve lost all ball movement, all offence, all confidence – they’ve had to win in different ways. They’ve had to win at forward half clearance, not necessarily moving the ball.

“The D50 has fallen apart. That’s a real worry coming into a game like this with Toby Greene buzzing around.”
So 6 weeks of results that see us be even worse than WC and he still can't muster up any changes.

Seven days ago David King said we were the 4th best team in the competition and had us pencilled in for a Prelim. And 20 games ago he said Nicks will be sacked.

The bloke is all over the place.
I've said before King just follows the breeze, I'm not concerned if he does/doesn't rates us, I'm concerned there's a clear trend (we know how much Nicks hates that word) developing and Nicks only answer is to keep trying the same and hope it starts working again.

Emerson Booth tweeting that there has been a Covid outbreak at the Crows...
It wouldn't surprise me. I have had Covid since last Friday(starting to finally feel better today) and was wondering if it was widespread in the community. I suspected our performance against Essendon might have had some sickness involved as there was a lack of energy. They are superfit athletes that get over Covid in 48 hours if in fact there is covid at the club. Just another variable in qualifying for finals I guess.

Last edited:
Back