Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely can’t believe how many complaints there have been about McHenry being dropped. He plays one good game, clearly an outlier, and there is outrage. Chances are if he played tonight he would have stunk it up again and the comments would’ve been, “I wish we dropped McHenry.”
It would have been criminal to play McHenry over Pedler and Murphy has been one of our better players this year incredibly. People might think hes stiff but i suspect they wouldn't know who to drop if they actually thought about it.

It would have been criminal to play McHenry over Pedler and Murphy has been one of our better players this year incredibly. People might think hes stiff but i suspect they wouldn't know who to drop if they actually thought about it.
IMO Keays was the only one who may have made way instead of Mc Henry (who did have a very good game last week). We all know Keays is a battler and unlikely to be part of a flag side but was BOG last year vs Saad so understandably he stays in. The commentators mentioned Keays had kicked 1 goal 5 last week before he then missed at least 2 more shots on goal so any early season hopes of improved goal kicking is yet to materialise. You just cant have a forward consistently missing easy set shots and 1 goal 7 doesnt cut it. He wont be able to run in Joe the Goose style very often so Keays is the next man out now of our forward line team) with any form slump with Mc Henry, Mc Adam and others all waiting to get back in

Not only is our forward lines already potentially best in the comp (and I think I read somewhere this week someone else saying similar) but I love the ELITE ACCURACY of Fog, Tex, TT, Rankine, Rachelle and Pedlars kicking also looks like being elite or close to. We could very easily be 4-0 right now if our elite goal kickers hadnt underperformed first 2 weeks (eg Rankine vs GWS)

There's no comparison between Pedler and Ned. You pick Pedler every day of the week. Ned is actually fighting for the spot Murphy is currently occupying.

I think Murphy needs a good game this week. He had a good against port, but like Ned, these good games tend to be followed a long series of quiet games. This is why the supporter base gets frustrated by the two.

If they want to stay in the side, they need to show that they have changed this habit, otherwise I can see these two being in the outer again and soon.
Murphy has been good for 3 weeks, he's more than earned his place for now. McAdam's form earlier in the year didn't warrant an automatic recall if players like Murphy or Ned were in good form.

Nicks gave Ned zero coaches votes.
He couldn’t crack the side in the first 3 weeks.
He’s the definition of fringe, which will mean he’ll miss plenty of games.
If Longmuir rated Ned BOG last week over Dawson, it just reiterates why Freo are in for a world of hurt this year. He seems to rate more defensive/pressure type players over any with flair or an ability to move the ball quickly in transition.

To go back to Ned, who in our forward line isn't performing at the moment? It was a poisoned chalice of a selection for Neddy and one he handled superbly. After all, Pedlar is also performing and one of the great hopes of this football club moving forward. Not only that, the only person he could win a spot against is Murphy and he just had a big showdown performance.

Selection is always pecking order for the locked in spots and form for the marginal spots. Pedlar fits in the first group. For Ned, that's just the cold reality of being demoted to a depth player. Sometimes there just isn't a best 22 spot to win at a given time.
196D641E-6349-4F8C-8167-E9151E085207.jpeg

It doesn’t take that much effort and thought to know who to drop..

our worst performing forward this year is a pretty fxxkn good place to start..

mr “1-7”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one where he was pinned for a slight push to Henry's bum crack was ridiculous
There was another one where he was given a free kick against for a high… on replay it wasn’t that high at all but it just looked clumsy..

everything about the way the lad goes about the game is clumsy.

I don’t rate the kid… but there is no denying he had a pretty bloody good game against freo and was a large part of why the crows won.

he should’ve been given another week and someone else dropped.

To my knowledge the actual votes of the individual coaches have never ever been made publically available.
It's just the usual Neddy detractors not wanting to give the lad credit for playing a decent game.

I find it highly unlikely that Longmuir gave Ned 5 and Nicks gave him 0. Don't know how Froggy can be so sure

To my knowledge the actual votes of the individual coaches have never ever been made publically available.
It's just the usual Neddy detractors not wanting to give the lad credit for playing a decent game.

He played a good game, it’s a good sign for the team when players who don’t derserve to be dropped get dropped

Genuinely can’t believe how many complaints there have been about McHenry being dropped. He plays one good game, clearly an outlier, and there is outrage. Chances are if he played tonight he would have stunk it up again and the comments would’ve been, “I wish we dropped McHenry.”
Where's this outrage and many complaints you talk of exactly?

Pedlar was always coming in and unless he has a dramatic form lapse he'll always be ahead of McHenry in his current role, at least until he transitions into a permanent midfielder which we all hope is sooner than later.

The premise he’s trying to argue is that Nicks voted him best on ground but has so little faith that he can’t replicate it again that he dropped him.
Does this sound right to you?

Back