Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the changes. Strange to not see McAdam or Berry even in the emergencies but I’m sure both will be back in the side before too long. McHenry being dropped isn’t even remotely surprising. He’s a depth player. Pedlar is much more than a depth player.

Will be very interested to see if we go with Dawson in a head to head matchup with Cripps as a full time mid. That would be absolutely mouth-watering, even for neutrals. I don’t really see who the hell else we can play on him without the big body of Berry in the side. The likes of Rachele, Laird, Soligo and Sloane would get absolutely rag-dolled. He’s 195cm for crying out loud. Captain on captain. Please pull the trigger on this Nicksy!

Butts on McKay is a major concern. I think he has to go to him though, because Curnow is even more likely to destroy him, plus Murray gives away too much height to McKay.

Other than those issues, and their resting ruck in attack, I think we match up pretty well.

Hoping Keays is asked to stick to Saad like glue again. That matchup won us the game last time.

This is the biggest non-Showdown event we’ve been involved in since the GF rematch against Richmond in 2018. Time to see what we’re really made of.
Butts on mckay wouldn't be concerning if butts wasn't injured. There's something not right about him.

Ordinarily cant stand the Runt, but Im completely lost as to what kind of culture the selection/Coaching group think they are building when dropping Ned after last weeks performance.

Not surprised, bemused.
Typical really.

blues-vs-crows-team-comparison-jpg.1658011

I pinched (plagiarised) this off the Carlton board. It is an interesting comparison.

Part of a cunning plan. Late change, Butts out, Berg in.

McKay won’t know what to do.

There is no way Berg is playing defence for us against quality AFL forwards like the Blues have. No where near intense or aggressive enough for the role

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is it his greed that makes him burn his team mates before wildly spraying it at goals?..

Is it his ability to be put in the centre and be soundly beaten by his opponent?

Or is it his ability to run around like a headless chook missing tackles but ”applying pressure”?..
Wow.
BC, you're a prolific and valued poster :thumbsu:. You post a lot of interesting things, but this post is over-the-top.
I had to put a tray under my laptop to catch the sarcasm dripping from the above.

You're really anti-Keays, aren't you?

We get it --- you don't think Keays deserves his place in the side and you tell us so, week after week.
1681305060797.jpeg
The guy is absolute garbage..
Seriously?
If that's true, he's the worst player in our side. From what I've read in BF, you're the only one who thinks so.
The Club's Coaches definitely disagree with you. He was third in the 2022 Malcolm Blight Medal --- which makes him our third-best player --- and won the Brian Sando Trophy "for outstanding professionalism and commitment to play at the highest level.".

Mchenry would never get as much space and time as he did against Freo.
I think that's a really good observation.
Ned's a bit hard done by, being dropped after probably his best game,
and
how's he going to play that well consistently if he doesn't get selected?

The point is that Pedlar > McHenry.
The side is stronger with Pedlar in and Ned out. Tough call, but the right one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no comparison between Pedler and Ned. You pick Pedler every day of the week. Ned is actually fighting for the spot Murphy is currently occupying.

I think Murphy needs a good game this week. He had a good against port, but like Ned, these good games tend to be followed a long series of quiet games. This is why the supporter base gets frustrated by the two.

If they want to stay in the side, they need to show that they have changed this habit, otherwise I can see these two being in the outer again and soon.

I think that's a really good observation.
Ned's a bit hard done by, being dropped after probably his best game,
and
how's he going to play that well consistently if he doesn't get selected?

The point is that Pedlar > McHenry.
The side is stronger with Pedlar in and Ned out. Tough call, but the right one.
Maybe McHenry was told Pedlar was coming straight back in and it will only be one week?

There's no comparison between Pedler and Ned. You pick Pedler every day of the week. Ned is actually fighting for the spot Murphy is currently occupying.

I think Murphy needs a good game this week. He had a good against port, but like Ned, these good games tend to be followed a long series of quiet games. This is why the supporter base gets frustrated by the two.

If they want to stay in the side, they need to show that they have changed this habit, otherwise I can see these two being in the outer again and soon.
Didn't need to drop ned though. He's in better form than keays.

Given they’ve dropped him already, can only infer that they have zero faith in what’s behind him to deliver this week. They know they can’t go with one KPD and they clearly prefer Butts at 60% ahead of Borlase and Keane or Berg having another go.
Borlase isn't very good. Keane looks pretty good but needs to get fitter. They are negotiating a new contract with Butts so they arent going to drop him again until that's sorted imo. Especially if he has offers from other clubs.

Ordinarily cant stand the Runt, but Im completely lost as to what kind of culture the selection/Coaching group think they are building when dropping Ned after last weeks performance.

Not surprised, bemused.
Typical really.
Make yourself a first choice player and you won't be dropped. That's a great culture.

Not surprised, bemused.
Typical really.

A brilliant one?

We have an injury list of two players (with a combined games tally of 5 games). Competition should be fierce for spots.

It's a tough decision by Nicks and the right one. Another positive move by him IMO.

A brilliant one?

We have an injury list of two players (with a combined games tally of 5 games). Competition should be fierce for spots.

It's a tough decision by Nicks and the right one. Another positive move by him IMO.

Ned clearly has a ceiling the Crows have identified. What we saw on the weekend is really as good as it gets. Pedlar as a bigger body is showing to be more damaging. Got to develop the players who have more upside.

Back