Preview Changes: R10 vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday May 20, 1.40pm ACST @ Eureka Stadium (Ballarat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that the game where Michael Talia betrayed his own team and gave Daniel Talia team information at no fault to the Crows?
And Bevo cried that the game got played at the MCG rather than Docklands

Read "The Boy's Club" for an interesting take on that saga.

Oh I've read it. The book suggests that Beveridge and the Bulldogs wanted to nuke the Crows over how we handled it, even though it was his own player that was at fault. (As well as the usual AFL cover up). Beveridge also allegedly had a huge sook over how the info compromised the final, again even though the fault lay with his player

Oh I've read it. The book suggests that Beveridge and the Bulldogs wanted to nuke the Crows over how we handled it, even though it was his own player that was at fault. (As well as the usual AFL cover up). Beveridge also allegedly had a huge sook over how the info compromised the final, again even though the fault lay with his player
The Adelaide Football Club is traditionally an easy target for AFL sanctions.

It’s amazing we didn’t get whacked with draft picks or a fine at least, I’m sure if they had something they would’ve found a way.

Listen, Tex is so talented he finds ways to get goals and contribute. Obviously should be in the best 22 right now.
You've made it sound like he's a liability. He does more than just "contribute".
But you can't just look at the stats and positives without seeing the obvious negatives. You have to look at what his opponents have been able to do. Darcy Moore and Ratugolelaia ran off him all day and destroyed us, because Tex can't move quickly any more. It's costly.
Nah mate. Tex moved just fine when he was one-out with Wilkie and kicked 5 last game.

Darcy Moore didn't destroy us --- it was terrible goalkicking did that.
Tex didn't have a good game vs Geelong (often double-teamed) but Ratugolea had a field day as interceptor because our delivery I50 was under pressure and bombed the ball in.

You're blaming those 2 losses on Tex; totally unfair.

LOVED the little hip-noodge Tex gave that Bulldog who fell over like he'd been shot.
PURE Tex.
Very few talls in the history of the game would have been able to pull off that play. The body work, the mark, the run and the execution by foot. The matchwinner.

You've made it sound like he's a liability. He does more than just "contribute".

Nah mate. Tex moved just fine when he was one-out with Wilkie and kicked 5 last game.

Darcy Moore didn't destroy us --- it was terrible goalkicking did that.
Tex didn't have a good game vs Geelong (often double-teamed) but Ratugolea had a field day as interceptor because our delivery I50 was under pressure and bombed the ball in.

You're blaming those 2 losses on Tex; totally unfair.
You're usually a sensible poster telling others not to misquote or exaggerate during discussion. But of a strawman you built here, so won't spend much time, but or course all wins and all losses are based on the whole team.

You also definitely understand that all players do good things and bad things, and if there was a way to perfectly measure + vs - then a positive contribution is needed overall for a player to have a good game.

Tex did some good stuff in those 2 games, but lots of bad. Generally not through direct action, but through lack of being able to compete. Overall his contribution was a minus. Unarguably imo. And while he's having an overall good year and I love Tex, it's not GREAT which is all I'm pointing out.

For example, IMO Gollant would have halved a lot more of the Geelong contests. And therefore contribution would be less negative, maybe even positive.

If you can't see Tex is hunting the body more and more, and weaker in the air, like Bigman (a very keen observer) says, I can't help.

Glad he's getting a rest. Should have been vs Cats as many including me called for... Hope it helps him have less negative contribution games overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice.

I was watching it live on my laptop from Finland. Thank goodness they have awesome broadband!

Introduced the Finns I was staying with to AFL. They ended up watching the whole game with me given how exciting the game was.

The next final loss v Hawks watched in a hotel in Nice which had not so good internet access, matched with a not so good game. May as well spent longer lying on the beach!
Watched it at a bar in Las Vegas with some mates, we'd all flown over for a wedding. The other punters thought we were mad given our enthusiasm for the comeback, but it was 4 am so anything goes.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not going out to the game today because of the hassle of train works. Does anyone want 6 GA tickets free?

Also where is the best pub to watch the Crows in Melbourne?

Cheers

Alex Keath omitted. Reverse karma?

Not going out to the game today because of the hassle of train works. Does anyone want 6 GA tickets free?

Also where is the best pub to watch the Crows in Melbourne?

Cheers
Hey Bunji - just need 2. would be awesome - cant buy any online. I'm a long time listener - first time caller so if you can message me I will be happy to meet. At this stage have let down my crow son (vic based). Play violins now

Last edited:
Hey Bunji - just need 2. would be awesome - cant buy any online. I'm a long time listener - first time caller so if you can message me I will be happy to meet. At this stage have let down my crow son (vic based). Play violins now
are you able to message me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back