Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Nicks is in control then we don’t need VB

Thats a stupid comment.

Of course you need a midfield coach, just like you need coaches to help with the fwds, defenders, ruck, fitness, etc. Just like every club has.

What we can't do is know the behind the scenes workings of the coaches group. What level of control does VB have? How much is he just implementing the orders of the head coach?

Its why commenting on Assistant Coaches performances makes you look like a jack ass.

Thats a stupid comment.

Of course you need a midfield coach, just like you need coaches to help with the fwds, defenders, ruck, fitness, etc. Just like every club has.

What we can't do is know the behind the scenes workings of the coaches group. What level of control does VB have? How much is he just implementing the orders of the head coach?

Its why commenting on Assistant Coaches performances makes you look like a jack ass.

Were all the people commenting on Ben Hart being a hopeless forwards coach because of our woeful forward structures jackasses? Or did they have actual insight and were proven correct when we replaced him and improved?

Thats a stupid comment.

Depends on the level of delegation the Head Coach has.

No one here would know either way.

Also hard to gauge how good our midfield coach is as we only have Dawson as an A Grader, some potentially good kids (Rachele Pedlar and Sog), and 3 guys who have been the bulk of the worst midfield in the league over the last 5 years.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Were all the people commenting on Ben Hart being a hopeless forwards coach because of our woeful forward structures jackasses? Or did they have actual insight and were proven correct when we replaced him and improved?
We had good Forward cattle. Ben Hart had no idea, not in the AFL system anymore.

You think VB has similar midfield cattle to what Hart had with that forward line.

The key reason for our midfield woes is Hamish Ogilvie.

Thats a stupid comment.

Shrek Film Smile GIF by PeacockTV

C'mon. At least prove me wrong with words. Your last two responses have been a laughing emoji and a meme.

Care to elaborate on your comment that if a head coach is in control he doesn't need a midfield coach?!?!? Or please elaborate on your understanding of the chain of command at the AFC. How much control does Nicks have over the midfield group? How much is VB under the guidance of Nicks? Love to know it especially since you are a SANFL superstar!!!!!!!

How the hell can any of you know how VB is performing as an assistant?

We don't know if he is good, bad or in between. All we know is that he reports to Nicks and Nicks is ultimately responsible.

what's your view on midfield development? How has Berry progressed? Rankine going strong in there too? Who else is responsible?

Depends on the level of delegation the Head Coach has.

No one here would know either way.

Also hard to gauge how good our midfield coach is as we only have Dawson as an A Grader, some potentially good kids (Rachele Pedlar and Sog), and 3 guys who have been the bulk of the worst midfield in the league over the last 5 years.

Absolutely... You are spot on. Bunch of pork chops think to claim otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's your view on midfield development?

Its a very complicated question. Aren't you of the opinion that the club is to blame for not drafting midfielders with early picks?!?! Isn't that what you have been most critical of?!

I think our midfield has looked best when it has had Dawson, Rachele, Laird in there.

Now to the involvement of Van Berlo - I am happy to say I don't know whether he has been good, bad or indifferent to their development. My assertion is that none of you bums know either. I am happy to say I don't know - you idiots want him sacked. Thats the key point.

How has Berry progressed?

I am more concerned about Schoenberg than Berry. Once more - with this - are you absolving Berry/Schoenberg and saying its VB's fault that they are going backward? What about Nicks, other players going past them, regression, a million other reasons.

Rankine going strong in there too? Who else is responsible?

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle a little more, but also understand the club wanting to keep him inside forward 50 considering how damaging he is. I don't think he was recruited to play midfield, but who knows if this changes a la Dawson/Laird.

Just to close it out - Can you let me know what VB's KPI's are. What has Nicks assigned him to do and how is he not doing it and deserving to be sacked. Thats the only question I want answered.

It's a complete guess to say the midfield coach has any involvement with our midfield

I tend to agree. Its very much a guess to know how much influence an assistant coach has.

Weren't you wanting Clarke fired for a good 10 years until Sauce made the All Australian squad in 2017? You seemed to go pretty quite after that.

Without a smarmy answer that deflects from the question - how much do you blame VB for our midfield? Do you know how much power he has over the group? Selections on gameday? How much influence does VB have over who attends the centre bounces?

I am not saying I have the answer. I am just saying all of you who claim to know are full of Sh!t.

Its a very complicated question. Aren't you of the opinion that the club is to blame for not drafting midfielders with early picks?!?! Isn't that what you have been most critical of?!

I think our midfield has looked best when it has had Dawson, Rachele, Laird in there.

Now to the involvement of Van Berlo - I am happy to say I don't know whether he has been good, bad or indifferent to their development. My assertion is that none of you bums know either. I am happy to say I don't know - you idiots want him sacked. Thats the key point.

I am more concerned about Schoenberg than Berry. Once more - with this - are you absolving Berry/Schoenberg and saying its VB's fault that they are going backward? What about Nicks, other players going past them, regression, a million other reasons.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle a little more, but also understand the club wanting to keep him inside forward 50 considering how damaging he is. I don't think he was recruited to play midfield, but who knows if this changes a la Dawson/Laird.

Just to close it out - Can you let me know what VB's KPI's are. What has Nicks assigned him to do and how is he not doing it and deserving to be sacked. Thats the only question I want answered.
Jackass, pork chops, bums, idiots, I actually give posters more credit than that

edit add; full of s**t

worse, only a moron would think the midfield coach, on his $300k/year, would have any influence on the midfield at all.

Gonna ignore all of your wailing and moaning about how we haven't drafted midfielders for the past 10 years?

How much influence does the midfield coach have? Why isn't the head coach doing anything about it?

Ok, so yoyre a VB fanboi, just as you were Dmac. If you choose to believe thst the midfield coach has zero responsibility for the midfield, then you're beyond education.

Did you have a mirror sale in your house
Lets stick to the topic.

Would love your definitive answer on the following. You previously tried to deflect with emoji's, sh!t talking and memes.

Does VB operate under Nick's control or does he get complete and utter say on rotations / midfield minutes and set ups?

Ok, so yoyre a VB fanboi, just as you were Dmac.

I am an unashamed Dmac fanboi, but I am not on trial for that in this thread.

No - I have no opinion on VB as midfield coach. I have made that abundantly clear. I think its impossible to have an opinion on how assistant coaches are tracking because we don't know the inner workings of the midfield group.

No comment on how you blame Hamish for our midfield woes?

If you choose to believe thst the midfield coach has zero responsibility for the midfield, then you're beyond education.

I never said zero responsibility. You are going back to your boomer behavior here.

My point is that we don't know what level of responsibility VB has over the strategy, development and selection of the midfield group. Therefore its impossible to work out how effective he is as an assistant coach. It all goes back to Nicks. He will fall on the sword for the success or failure of this group.

It would be great if you would stop trying to tell me what I am and what I believe. I would prefer you to actually read what I write.

Lets stick to the topic.

Would love your definitive answer on the following. You previously tried to deflect with emoji's, sh!t talking and memes.

Does VB operate under Nick's control or does he get complete and utter say on rotations / midfield minutes and set ups?
s**t talking, I’ve had enough

Back