Coach Matthew Egan- what does he do?

Remove this Banner Ad

On another....32.

Egan's only 32 years of age.

This must be the youngest senior coach that's coached at AFL level in a while.

What do we read into the fact that he got this temporary gig over Harvey? Or Neeld? Or Craig?

Anything?
Really hope Matty Egan goes well. Think he may have got the job because he has been in charge of the backline. Probably the best performed area.

If he does go well, could he be a chase to get the top job?

On another note....32.

What do we read into the fact that he got this temporary gig over Harvey? Or Neeld? Or Craig?

Anything?

I'd honestly say those 3 never intended to come to club to be senior coaches;
Neeld rated well inside club with development.
Craig- Unlikely to be at club next season IMO. Wouldn't be ideal giving gig to someone leaving.
Harvey I suggest never intended to become senior coach again
Egan I suspect has aspirations to become a senior coach.

Something I hope to see from egan is a change of gameplan- I really don't want us to overpossess the ball so much becuase I feel it gives opp team more time to get back to defend. Works with elite kicking which we do not have.

On another note....32.

Anything?
Harvey would've said no, Neeld/Craig would've caused a riot. Matty Egan,last man standing. I like him. What a job he's got. We're not on our knees we're face down in the dirt. Very good opportunity for him.

I... think Harvey already is unique insofar as he's done 2 caretaker stints at different clubs, but dash it all I wanted a third.

Egan's actually been a part of this panel longer than everyone else, so he's absolutely the natural fit. Classically it's the guy who's been around longest; see also: Bolton, Crocker, Campo.

On another note....32.

Looked it up, Rawlings was 31 when he coached Richmond after Wallace was sacked.

On another note....32.

Anything?
lol Neeld or Craig! You may as well keep hird as coach until the rest of the year

On another note....32.

Anything?

He doesn't intend to take the job full time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let everyone off the chain, I don't care if the opposition score 120 points, we try to score 150.

This. No extra at the contest, no forwards in the back half, 6 forwards , 6 backs and go back to simply playing the game.

On another note....32.

Anything?

Damaged goods x 3 at senior level.

Let someone young and keen have a crack.

Given the injuries it'll be damn hard for him to do a lot.

I'd like to see him play Giles in the ruck and McKernan alongside Hooker in the forward line allowing Daniher to be a more mobile CHF who won't get caught trying to body out defenders like he was Talia on the weekend.

I want us to play fast flowing footy, throw caution to the wind and pull the trigger more often on those game breaking kicks.

Also focus on who he thinks will be at the club in 2016 and beyond, surely he has a fair idea so work with what we'll have, not what we won't.

In addition to everyone saying keep it simple - move the ball forwards.

As few sideways/backwards kicks as possible.

And no need to handball it ten times in a row, if you're in a good position just kick the ball.

The first thing he has to do is drop his legal action against Geelong. How could he coach with that distraction hanging over his head...?
Making it all about himself.

I think he should rest a few players this week so we can have a good crack at Richmond the following week.

rest: Daniher, Baguley, Heppell, Zakka, Goddard, Hibberd - all have treid their best in very difficult circumstances.

Play as many fringe players as possible and see if any of them impress enough to stay on the list next year.
It would be good to see a side against the Gold Coast this week something like;-

Steinberg Pears Ashby
Dempsey Hurley Gleeson
Melksham Hocking Kavanagh
Laverde Hooker Edwards
Chapman Carlisle Cooney

Giles/McKernan Stanton (capt) O'Brien

INT: J.Merrett Howlett J Langford Browne

I think he should let them have fun. I think that'll help lift their spirits. I don't particularly care if we lose 120 to 110 or 170 to 90, but let them have fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back