Toast What was your favourite 'false dawn'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jay Neagle taking the grab

… then he played on

Rd 1 2006. Just crushed the reigning premiers, star full forward dominates & legally could buy a beer at the footy for the first time. Little did I know, my footy supporting life was only going to cause me great grief for the next 17 + years.
Lucky you could buy yourself a beer at the footy :D
Come and join the rest of us big footy, alcohol dependent, broken EFC 'supporters'/victims.

Half-time of the elimination final 2014. We were crushing them. This is it. Ten long years. Controlling the game, too powerful around the ball, dictating the tempo. We are doing this in a final. Now, it's real. Playing with the permutations of the finals predictor. Bomber knows exactly what he's doing. He's been here before.

What's a semi-final feel like? Hell, what does a prelim feel like?

Drew Petrie does some weird punching thing in the air and I drink for the next 36 hours.
Yep this was the one.

Joe dominating up forward, a match up with a Geelong team that had no right being top 4 that season, genuinely felt like we’d make a prelim.

We probably would have too not that it would’ve changed anything lol

probably the 2013 game vs freo in perth where we came back from a like 40 point halftime deficit after doing nothing in the first 1/2.
Was that where Mundy scrubbed a ball out of a contest in or near the Freo goal square at the death that hit the post or something? If so, that was pretty ******* good and yeah, hopes were rising (again) after that.

Was that where Mundy scrubbed a ball out of a contest in or near the Freo goal square at the death that hit the post or something? If so, that was pretty ******* good and yeah, hopes were rising (again) after that.
believe so, never was a game we should've won but man it was a good feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most have already been mentioned here, but for some reason I remember feeling really good about the direction we were going after a 10 goal win against St Kilda in round 17, 2017.

After 2017 when we had a 23 year old AA CHF, made finals and drafted Saad, Stringer and Smith.

That ******* fell apart quick smart
Yep.
All that promise post '17.

Merrett, JD and Hurley all AA
Raz and tippa best 2 small fwds we've had together at once ever

3rd highest scoring team in the comp.
Saad, stringer and smith in

Signing Rutten and turning everything internally into a shitshow after that was very on brand
Should have stuck with just zach and chook as VCs
Stuck with woosha until he was done. Rutten could have been patient like every other assistant
Not gone after shiel and looked at setterfield on the cheap

Sneaky word with cyril wouldnt have gone amiss either.
Tippa and cyril, to quote the great man, "delicious"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back