List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Frost still need to be elevated?
Yes. Last year he played as a nominated rookie so he is still officially on the rookie list. 2015 was also the third year that he was on the rookie list, so it is the final year he can be a rookie. The Pies either need to elevate him as one of our selections in the ND or delist him.

Obviously we are not going to delist him so he will be one of our selections in the ND.

No, it doesn't mean you can't talk Dave, but it was ironic that you were calling others dumb and stupid whilst making spelling errors in your own post.

Oh, I did not see it that way.

Baltimore Jack for blowing my top at you when I got Wrong End of thr Stick

Yes. Last year he played as a nominated rookie so he is still officially on the rookie list. 2015 was also the third year that he was on the rookie list, so it is the final year he can be a rookie. The Pies either need to elevate him as one of our selections in the ND or delist him.

Obviously we are not going to delist him so he will be one of our selections in the ND.
So then we probably go into the draft recruiting 2 players at 27 and 66 and elevate Frost, giving us 38 of a maximum 40 players. Do we recruit a DFA or 2 or just leave the list as is? I think the former is the way to go as, imo, we have fairly weak depth

So then we probably go into the draft recruiting 2 players at 27 and 66 and elevate Frost, giving us 38 of a maximum 40 players. Do we recruit a DFA or 2 or just leave the list as is? I think the former is the way to go as, imo, we have fairly weak depth
Including Frost, Howe, Treloar and Aish we have 35 senior listed players currently. To get to the minimum 38 we will need to add three more to the list. Two will obviously be 27 and 66 (which will be more like 54 after academy and Father/Son selections are done). The third will either be 77 (which will actually be low to mid 60s I think), a DFA or from the PSD.

We also currently have 2 rookies (plus 2 category B rookies) so in the rookie draft we will have 4 selections (assuming we go with a 38 list) with presumably our last two to be used on Keeffe and Thomas if they are still available.

Just a question. I saw that Moore was delisted by Port, and I know we were very briefly linked to him prior to the trade period starting. Would he be someone worth looking at as a DFA?
Surplus to our needs imo. Midfield is pretty much sorted. We will struggle to fit everyone in as it is.

Surplus to our needs imo. Midfield is pretty much sorted. We will struggle to fit everyone in as it is.
I am not so sure. Most mids can play at half fwd or coming off half back anyway. My point is you can never have too many mids.

Both the Collingwood and AFL website say we have an extra second pick next year, was trying to figure out where it came from. Both websites are wrong and we don't have another second round pick next year, right?
Correct.

Both the Collingwood and AFL website say we have an extra second pick next year, was trying to figure out where it came from. Both websites are wrong and we don't have another second round pick next year, right?
Unless one came back to us in the Aish deal or the GWS pick swap deal then we don't have an extra 2nd round pick next year. The one received for Freeman went to Brisbane for Aish and both Kennedy and Seedsman went out in the Howe deal that didn't involve any 2016 picks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Treloar was more precarious (by comparison to Aish) for the simple fact that he commanded so much more attention. That said...it was stitched a long way out!

Aish was much safer in many ways as he had/had solid relationships with Balme and Sharenberg that, combined with his drive to join us. The fact we were dealing with Brisbane was the issue.

NM were never in the race! Not at all."

~The Scout~
I've seen the Aish & Balme connection mentioned more than once but aren't aware what their connection is. Can someone clue me in please?

This is what I mean when I say Collingwood is used for clicks.

Two separate tweets from FoxFooty pertaining to ALL clubs yet in both cases, who is used to gain attention?

This is what I mean when I say Collingwood is used for clicks.

Two separate tweets from FoxFooty pertaining to ALL clubs yet in both cases, who is used to gain attention?
How often Dane Swan is used as a photo on the Herald Sun site when its just a general article about the AFL

I am pretty p1ssed off Essendon and Cartoon ended up with so many early picks. Don't really want them fast tracking their rebuilds.
This is a massive problem with Carlton having the early picks and us not having any.

They will waste them all on WAFL spuds and all the decent players will fall through to clubs that can actually develop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back