Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you have got a lot of 2nds today, maybe you should've gone big on place bets instead...
Do you have other betting accounts or calling it quits for good?

It's over for me, I only bet win bets. I've lost too much to ever bet seriously again.

896f9fa836.png

095f36960b.png

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend.

You trolled KardiniaPark good!! How did you get his details???

Do we have to resort to attacking each other??
But attacking the jockey who won is ok? Should she have just sat up and let Frankie win, who thought he was playing bumper cars?

Lost out on the day too, as per everyone else, but not going to start attacking those who tried to win and did.

As for some analysis, is Caulfield just too far back? Haven't had a winner come from there for 9 years. TTP did well beset of all those runners, Gust of Wind very quick too finish but race didn't suit.

Max Dynamite hard to know how it'd have done fairly but it's a case of when, not if, a first up international wins. Criterion proved he could challenge at the distance, at least without weight, which was the query and he did very well at the Cox Plate, which is still proving a strong guide (Preferment rode bad again), even the Moonee Valley Cup on same day is a form race now. :drunk:

It's over for me, I only bet win bets. I've lost too much to ever bet seriously again.

Hmm yeah probably a smart move.
If i can't get some consistency in my betting soon i might have to join you....
It's to draining to have a great run and not be able to stop and put it back through.

In the spirit of everything, I am HAVING AN ALCOHOL INSPIRED CRACK at Brave Dazzler in the last in Brisbane. If this wins, I'll win well on the day. If it loses, well, I won't be self excluding like some others but I'll be down for the day.

Blasting out.

It's to draining to have a great run and not be able to stop and put it back through.

I know how you feel brother, I've been on an amazing run lately and now I have to deal with the comedown tomorrow.

If viceroy had got up in the 5th race woulda won nearly a 1k of a 10 buck bet on the early quaddie. Always that one leg kills u

Although the other quaddie didn't get one leg right lol

I always ask myself now before i bet
How many hours would i have to spend at work to earn that?
How much s**t would i have to put up with to earn that?

Sometimes it's just not worth the risk :(

Could have told me that 4 hours ago. :)

Just kidding my friend, it's the name of the game, now I have to deal with the consequences.

I gave up being serious about my punting a few years back. Was very serious keep spreadsheets with sectionals etc.. Was a good tipster and a shithouse punter.

I now run my betfair account with a small balance (couple of hundred max) and simply follow the money. Almost never do I check form other than a quick scan of the short write-up betfair provides. Working a treat for me.

I should add that I studied the form in detail for this years Melbourne Cup and lost a packet. Broke even overall for the day using my "follow the money but keep away from studying the form" method.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's about 70% of races these days. That's why I gave up the horses.

So many shitty biased tracks in racing nowadays.

I don't think that's true.

Certainly at times it pays to be on the rails and in the first few. But Cox Plate eve, if you weren't swooping, you were no hope.

They just can't get it right, as the next day the bias completely swung.

I don't think that's true.

Certainly at times it pays to be on the rails and in the first few. But Cox Plate eve, if you weren't swooping, you were no hope.

They just can't get it right, as the next day the bias completely swung.

Another massive problem for horse racing is as soon as they put the running rail out a decent amount the meeting on the whole is totally screwed.

It just adds to the leader bias. Whole meetings become pointless when they do that.

3 chicks claiming big wins on PoP on FB...gee, how was this horse $101 with all these people that "backed" it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back