Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 girls having $10 on it is hardly going to make it a market mover considering the amount of money in the pool.

Politeness in the weights for Emirates Stakes. Hope she goes there.

Emirates my favourite race of the spring, generally, looks strong again this year.

I started well went shithouse after race 3 (250 up at that stage) to be 200 down at the end of the day, bunbury saved me with a drunken all in bet.

Yoyo day I'm happy to escape from in front

3 girls having $10 on it is hardly going to make it a market mover considering the amount of money in the pool.

Politeness in the weights for Emirates Stakes. Hope she goes there.

Emirates my favourite race of the spring, generally, looks strong again this year.
Whens the barrier draw for Emirates and Darley? Tomorrow morning?

Chism can we change this Fred title to "what are you drinking to get pissed after that shiftful cup day?"

No one told you to bet!

History has shown for the last 4 decades that Cup day is the worst of the lot field wise apart from the great race itself.

Hang on while i grab another Single Malt! :eek: :drunk::drunk:

:D

I backed Quicksilver Cindy in what is now the Coolmore Stakes when she won in 91 and payed something like $101 for a 50 cent unit.

That was the biggest upset i've seen in a Group 1.
It happens, I've had a horse that ran over the swan hill carnival on the Friday and ran terrible, backed up on the Sunday at 115-1 on the tote and won, even as owners we didn't expect it and had nothing left to put on it at the end of a 3 day carnival

Not a group 1 but upsets do happen, some horses just choose when to put in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Dynamite hard to know how it'd have done fairly but it's a case of when, not if, a first up international wins. Criterion proved he could challenge at the distance, at least without weight, which was the query and he did very well at the Cox Plate, which is still proving a strong guide (Preferment rode bad again), even the Moonee Valley Cup on same day is a form race now. :drunk:

The only reason Criterion finished so close was that they absolutely WALKED the first half. It was a huge effort from our best WFA horse but that is as good as he is ever going to get - he ran a brave third.

Given how slowly it was run and the bunched finished the formlines were all over the shop - MV Cup beat first up international beat Cox Plate beat Caulfield Cup.

Really all formlines held up ok except the Geelong Cup winner, but you'd never draw any conclusions from the race.

My lasting thought will be that a bit more give in the ground and Max Dynamite wins with a leg in air.

It's more one bird claiming to have had a gorilla on it, whilst the others were claiming $100 and $250.
I'm still claiming bulltish on this.

I gave up being serious about my punting a few years back. Was very serious keep spreadsheets with sectionals etc.. Was a good tipster and a shithouse punter.

I now run my betfair account with a small balance (couple of hundred max) and simply follow the money. Almost never do I check form other than a quick scan of the short write-up betfair provides. Working a treat for me.

I should add that I studied the form in detail for this years Melbourne Cup and lost a packet. Broke even overall for the day using my "follow the money but keep away from studying the form" method.
It's a fair comment - you do hours and hours of form only to find your top selection/bet drifiting wildly late on the fair and it's curtains. Game of knowledge this one and the everyday punter often doesn't have all the pieces.

Cup winner's story is old school and adds to the lore of the race, rather than changing the character of it as the internationals have done. And the lion's share of the prizemoney doesn't leave the country. Plenty of connections will be scratching their heads, wondering why they couldn't beat the winner. They'll be back.

Dettori can ****ing well stay home next year. Lucky he didn't kill someone. campaigner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back