Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 222631

Why are people so unkind?

Just looking at that photo reminds me of the countless times that donkey was put in front of a camera as some kind of unofficial spokesman for the playing group. Endless barrages of excuses and faux tough guy rhetoric never once backed up where it actually matters. The day he walked our on field leadership improved out of sight.

See how the boy goes Thursday. Ive got the beer and beef jerky ready, just to watch our Charlie. Just want him to get a bit of leather in his mits. Im sure he's going to be bloody nervous so just an injury free crack for big Charlie and i'm happy. Go you big Dixon..........Just chlil out there Charls.

As much s I want to see Charlie on the field the rock hard surface of Etihad has me :(
Yeh, with ya on this one. Just feel every time we play on Etihad we are a serious injury waiting to happen.

We played Carlton there 1st game of 13 or 14 and the Hoff was KO'd thru' head to ground(?) impact.
Wasn't right for weeks and weeks. Not to mention shin soreness from players before they were gagged
on commenting re Etihad.

It baffles me why we have to play a NAB game at Etihad. Surely they could have taken the game to a country/local sporting club and.. you know... take the game to the people who wouldnt normally get to see AFL footy?

No. We have to play in the concrete jungle that causes more injury and fatigue than any other oval in the country

Nice work AFL

Well we've got 2 weeks to recover thanks to the terrible AFL scheduling, so as long as we don't have any serious injuries we'll be alright.

Wouldn't that mean it was actually good scheduling for us?
im not sure
17 days break is a pretty long break, and the longest of any team.
Remember we are just coming off a 12 day break as well

probably wouldnt mind if we were playing really well but we arent and i want us to be cherry ripe for Easter Sunday

It baffles me why we have to play a NAB game at Etihad. Surely they could have taken the game to a country/local sporting club and.. you know... take the game to the people who wouldnt normally get to see AFL footy?

No. We have to play in the concrete jungle that causes more injury and fatigue than any other oval in the country

Nice work AFL

First world problem. It's great we get to re-familiarise ourselves with a venue we actually play at this year rather than have to play at Woop Woop Park which is a 5 hour journey after we take two flights to get to Broome and which has been converted from gravel for the game.

We could play a final at Etihad. It's not dangerous otherwise those teams who call it home would have no fit players by R23.

Seriously, some people will complain about anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work AFL

From memory it is a request from the AFL clubs that the last nab game they play is as close as the real thing as possible (ie venue, match times ect)

From memory it is a request from the AFL clubs that the last nab game they play is as close as the real thing as possible (ie venue, match times ect)

Well, I had better get drunk and hurl abuse at the umpires as well as the Richmond supporters whilst bashing the seat in front of me every time a player does something dumb. For authenticity.

I think suspension is enough of a carrot to stop that. No one wants to miss round 1 because of a trial game.
Too true but IIRC one of our players (?) v Melb was slung , got the free for 'dangerous tackle'. Probably instinct
with no malice (hopefully) intended. Pre game gentle reminder to players. Hopefully a non issue, just me
getting a bit twitchy.

222381_96bc0ee07caa8d9bd328f164bc92f622.jpg

RkDGD86ae8.gif

Really looking forward to Thursday night. I'm bloody nervous about how Charles is going to go. I'm hoping for a run around, get the feel of the team structure and slot one or two. Round one against the Saints is going to be big. I'm frothing at the mouth. Personally i cant remember the excitement of a recruit since................Paddy Ryder :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back