Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weatherald out just as i was typing that he and Ross were forming a match winning partnership here. Nevertheless, still a great knock from Weatherald. I actually hadn't heard of him until our last shield game. A lot of pressure on Ross to continue on here, i'm sure Aussie selectors will be taking some notice of what he does from here.

I think we are well and truly back in this.
Nope. 6 down now and only 138 in front. Up to the tail to support Ross now and try to scratch out a lead of 200 minimum. Both Weatherald and Carey felt they needed to have a crack just before lunch...stupid.

It went from right back in it to we are in deep poo again in no time there, needed to hang in there until lunch.

Chasing 200 + still ain't going to be a walk in the park though. A spinner would be nice though.

What the hell were you thinking Weatherald?!? Stupid shot to get out, deserved a century. :(:mad:
Pretty harsh on the kid - we'd be well and truly buggered without his contribution. I'm more annoyed with Travis Head: this should have been his stage, but he got stage fright!!!

Yeah as disappointing as it was for Weatherald to get out like that so close to a century, his innings has at least helped give us a sniff and was pretty gutsy considering everyone was dropping like flies around him.

I think i need to stop commenting, every time i type something someone gets out. I was just about to heap praise on Ross and bang he is gone. What a disaster just on lunch. The day started so promisingly and has turned to Sh!t.

Alas, 192 probably will not be enough but stranger things have happened. Hopefully we will make the Bushrangers play this down to the wire and not let them win it in a doddle.

It is stating the obvious but we have not got enough from Cosgrove, Head, Raphael and Lehmann. Around 130 runs from four top order batsmen in two innings is not enough. Batting was always going to be our problem but Weatherald and Ross can hold their heads high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back