Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well finished it last night, the boss battles weren't to bad. Going to do this again. Might go for Triss this time but not change too much else.

Got the Platinum for this way too quickly. :$ Too much time spent playing, haha.

Outstanding game. It has some very obvious flaws but its brilliant storytelling and diverse quests combine to make a really powerful and enjoyable experience in spite of them.

Content with pretty much all of my outcomes as well, which is a plus.

Worth getting the expansion?

Downloading 18gb of updates for it atm

It's even worth venturing out of mum's basement and having to interact with real human beings to buy it in a shop.
giphy.gif

Downloading 18gb of updates for it atm
Yeah that was a bit of a pain. Worth it in the end though.

I'd strongly recommend playing on either the second-highest or highest difficulty by the way. I dropped the difficulty after I cleared all the quests/contracts to get a few of the trophies and was taken aback by how easy the game was. Much, much, much more enjoyable on a higher difficulty. Just make sure you're manually saving often.

Each to their but I agree. In fact I recommend just the hardest difficulty. It starts off super tough but for some reason every Witcher game the difficulty curve goes down as you progress so by mid game it isn't really a challenge if you have a proper build. Only on the toughest difficulty are you required to use all your Witcher tools like potions and oils and required to execute combat moves like parrying and riposte and stuff.

Yeah that was a bit of a pain. Worth it in the end though.

I'd strongly recommend playing on either the second-highest or highest difficulty by the way. I dropped the difficulty after I cleared all the quests/contracts to get a few of the trophies and was taken aback by how easy the game was. Much, much, much more enjoyable on a higher difficulty. Just make sure you're manually saving often.

Yeah the difficulty scale was weird. On the higher levels you'll get knocked around a bit at first but once you get the hand of things and your gear/skill points go up a bit then you'll carve through even the hardest difficulty like butter.

Yeah the difficulty scale was weird. On the higher levels you'll get knocked around a bit at first but once you get the hand of things and your gear/skill points go up a bit then you'll carve through even the hardest difficulty like butter.
Quen + AP generation/casting just makes the easier difficulties a joke. Made Death March considerably easier too but not to the point where I was sitting there half paying attention and slicing through everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone ever had a problem with Geralt jumping constantly? Doing the final quest on the Heart of Stone expansion and Geralt will not stop jumping and I can't do anything, tried dying but still he jumps.

If I ever have directional or input problems I save and exit. Seems to fix it.

Are the Gwent cards in the new expansion different to the first lot?
Yes. Its the other set of cards that didn't come with the first lot.

Surely it's a good enough reason to join us over at PCMASTERRACE! Think of all the Gwent!
Use to game on PC constantly. No love for it anymore, the last thing I want to do is go home and stair at a computer screen when that's all I do at work.

Back