Brad Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

We offered overs for mcarthy and gws wouldn't budge, if they had of taken it we would still be in same position we are now but without pick 3 and everyone on here would be bagging his recruitment as a bad trade

To be fair I doubt there was anyone at the time who would have anticipated we were offering pick 3, including Bond. Such are the dangers of trading future picks.

We still refused to up our offer when they wouldn't accept, which isn't something the pre-Bond Freo would have done. I dread to think what Schwabbolly would have thrown in as 'steak knives' to get the deal across the line.

How about 2017's 1st Round Pick for Hilly?

Don't give me that, you're a role model for the young ones also. Enough of this making AFL players look like they're on a higher pedal stool than anyone else, because they're not better than anyone else in this world. They don't make people better they encourage which is what social workers can do also.

Hahaha I don't know which post is funnier :D

You'll see.

When he's playing for you, you guys won't give a **** what draft pick you gave up for him.

And you'll have 4 flags in recent history. Ahh we can dream, just one would be nice.
We are not paying overs for a homesick kid imo

He is my 10 to go D Pearce for B Hill both contacted and both outside players.M Deboer, N Suban, T Myungu, C Mayne, Z Clarke,J Hannath,A Silvani,
J Deluca and A Morabito if he doesn't play AFL and show something this year.

He is my 10 to go D Pearce for B Hill both contacted and both outside players.M Deboer, N Suban, T Myungu, C Mayne, Z Clarke,J Hannath,A Silvani,
J Deluca and A Morabito if he doesn't play AFL and show something this year.
Why not Tucker for Hill?

Why not Tucker for Hill?

I'm alright with that only if Tucker wants to leave. No need to shift out a guy that's happy just so we can get in a very similar player slightly further on in his development. That's the thing about this deal, if it doesn't happen I reckon we won't be that disappointed. Got a lot of young outside wingers in reserve.

Outside winger for outside winger. I actually think hawthorn will convince him to stay as we won't be paying overs. He had a ripper game on Sunday.

I mentioned it in another thread, Jon Ralph has said on SEN that the deal will be done, Hawthorn are looking at a 2nd round pick + sweetener. Depending on what the sweetener is it won't be a bad trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still refused to up our offer when they wouldn't accept, which isn't something the pre-Bond Freo would have done. I dread to think what Schwabbolly would have thrown in as 'steak knives' to get the deal across the line.

Scwabby would have offered Neale + first round pick for McCarthy + his Harvard MBA

Mark robinson in todays herald calling for a 1st round pick to be put on the table:rolleyes: we dont even need hill
First rounder? Pfft whatever Robbo. :thumbsu:o_O

Difficult to be too disappointed when nobody seems to give a rats whether we get him or not.
True i actually dont give a rat , brad hill once we got sps i think most in BF will forget ross did talk to him.

That Hawks board is diabolical stuff. Pumping up Hill and asking for our first rounder/Fyfe/Neale while the other half talk down Hill as a soft spud who they want out.

So pretty much exactly the same as the draft/trade thread on our board then.

2nd Rounder and the sweetener maybe DeBoer. At the end of the day, Hill is a contracted player and a want not a need so giving away a first rounder is out of the question. The issue for freo is the current 2nd round pick is potentially heading to GWS in the McCarthy deal meaning we would need to find another pick.

Think the most likely scenario is your first somehow downgraded to the 14 range if you can do it for hill. No way hawks will accept a third round pick and Langdon I mean why would hawks accept that Langdon has played like 3 good games. Hill is a contracted player and will stay as Clarke has said unless they get a value offer, hill was pick 33 has played 100 games and has gotten better than simply a pick 33. Simply put if we lose him in 2017 so be it we will get an end of 1st compo pick with the potential to change his mind so the way I see it hawks hold all the power but I'm sure the hawks will accept a third round pick and weller that is the deal the hawks will search for if free don't want to trade their first

You can't expect to make a trading profit from a player who wants to leave. You'll get whatever you can for Brad Hill.

Who else from their top 25 do they lose to free up cap space for their Hodge/Mitchell replacement gun mid from interstate?

They are all playing on, so they will have salary cap issues. We won't with one of our highest paid retiring after an enormous contribution both on and off the field to the industry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back