Opinion What is your most nonsensical Freo hill you'll die on?

Remove this Banner Ad

2006 was our chance. I fully believe we beat the Weags in that GF.
Not with the Weagles on their dynasty diet of Special K and Coke. They had more gear in their gym than RPH had in their pharmacy.

If Fremantle had a better coach in 03-07, would’ve won a flag.

The talent was there. Jl’s talent was wasted in the ruck- kicked 5 as a 19 year old in 2001. Forward should’ve been his position.

McPharlin should’ve been forward with Croad as CHB. Brown was wasted. Would’ve been a great FB.

04 and 05 was absolutely wasted. To go from 5th in 2003, and declined should’ve meant a new coach.
Medhurst as a midfielder was stupidity.

Actually can say the same thing about 2009-2013. Harvey wasted 2011 with the natural profession being top 4 in 11 and pushing for flag 2012 and 2013. Thankfully Lyon came in ASAP.

Counterpoint: If Ross Lyon had picked Lachie Neale in the 2013 GF over Suban, we would have won that flag.

Counterpoint: If Ross Lyon had picked Lachie Neale in the 2013 GF over Suban, we would have won that flag.
This is continuously brought up, didn't agree with it then and don't agree with it now.

I actually watched the 2013 grand final again for the first time recently, it was far closer than my memory at the time, we just couldn't take our opportunities.

Player wise what we most needed was another KPF better than Clarke.

This is continuously brought up, didn't agree with it then and don't agree with it now.

I actually watched the 2013 grand final again for the first time recently, it was far closer than my memory at the time, we just couldn't take our opportunities.

And less getting screwed over by the umps.

Hawks got 3 free kicks in front of goal and we didnt. That was the difference

It's weird isn't it.

I remember on the day thinking we were drowning and Hawthorn were just playing with us however when watching it back we're in it up to our eyeballs in Q1

One ive always believed that Clive had better big games than Pav.
The final at Kardinia Park,
Pav kicked goals and near saved the game in defence at the end. No game bigger or had less chance of winning. He won a final for us.
We probably never saw the best of the mighty mullet, but Pav was a champion.

One ive always believed that Clive had better big games than Pav.
i could almost agree with you, but i would counter that Pav had better big quarters than Clive.
evidence: that last quarter when he wore the heritage jumper (red & white, not that blue & white abomination that I refuse to ever watch)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a perfect world, JLos knees never explode and he's lining up in place of Zac Clarke, retiring with a premiership.

I think our song is no worse than anyone else's.
Seriously the barrackers a barracking???
Its not a high bar
I'll go you one better and say that ours is by far the best song. And that's not just club loyalty speaking. I hear Geelong's song and I start thinking about how nothing's as nice as a nice new carpet except having it properly laid, while half the other club songs make me feel like I'm living through the Great Depression.

Is this an actual hill we are discussing here.I mean like at VGKO!!
If so, has anybody checked out the hill of late, because I am worried that a certain banished alleged journalist, namely TFOTH, may be lamenting there.

If Sonny was given the 50m penalty after Lake decapitated him, I’m convinced we go onto win the flag. He kicked the goal anyway, but I reckon there would have been a real sense of we’ve got them rattled and they’re resorting to cheap shots. Bigger momentum shift and gives us the belief we can win.

All of the Umps somehow missed the most obvious 50 metre penalty ever though

If Sonny was given the 50m penalty after Lake decapitated him, I’m convinced we go onto win the flag. He kicked the goal anyway, but I reckon there would have been a real sense of we’ve got them rattled and they’re resorting to cheap shots. Bigger momentum shift and gives us the belief we can win.

The umpires were corrupt

The AFL were in on it

Sure did.

The chicken wing by cyril on spurr and one stage by Gunston.

Plus the numerous momentum halting decisions by Nicholls et al.

You missed one, push in the back on Roughy late in the third was pretty questionable as well.

They got the 50m penalty that mattered though.

Had to give Buddy a goal in his last game for the Hawks.

I'll go you one better and say that ours is by far the best song. And that's not just club loyalty speaking. I hear Geelong's song and I start thinking about how nothing's as nice as a nice new carpet except having it properly laid, while half the other club songs make me feel like I'm living through the Great Depression.
I agree its like were listening to an ol men's choir on a gramophone...

Ours makes me think of mid-90's toy commercial or preview for a Saturday morning cartoon. I'd rather the faux old-timey music than the Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back