Autopsy “You’re s**t at Dying” Freo Trounce the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty weird and disappointing decision to sub Treacy off when Schultz was obviously sore. Wonder if that was the plan pre-match, and that makes you wonder if coach thinks Fyfe can't play next to Treacy, Jackson and Amiss.
I don't see Fyfe as a genuine tall forward, so he should be able to play along with the 2 talls plus Jackson.

I don't think we had any passengers last night, looking through the stat sheet and thinking "yeah they played well" with every player. Hughes to the backline was a great move, his attributes are wasted/exposed on the wing and in the backline he can be a straight line wrecking ball. NOD has that ability to change direction and run out of trouble, Hughes is a see ball get ball run forward get tackled type of player.

Treacy was good at bringing the ball to ground and I thought he played pretty well but was probably the most deserving of the sub. I would say no changes, no idea who makes way for fyfe

Pretty weird and disappointing decision to sub Treacy off when Schultz was obviously sore. Wonder if that was the plan pre-match, and that makes you wonder if coach thinks Fyfe can't play next to Treacy, Jackson and Amiss.
I don't see Fyfe as a genuine tall forward, so he should be able to play along with the 2 talls plus Jackson.
IMO it was poor injury management and risked Shultz body. He took at least three major hits to that shoulder. He's going to be hurting this week. Jackson/Fyfe could've gone into the middle or wings so we weren't too tall up front. I feel for Shultz's AC joint.

Just my take on our game last night. For once this year the forwards have made the life of our under fire backline, much easier.
We really needed the forwards to not only mark the entries, but keep the ball locked inside our 50.They did that well last night.Spending long time in our forward line gave the backs the time to form up and play together.Something that they have not been able to do all season.
Full marks to Amiss, Treacy and Jackson, as the big forwards.Also Switta and Shooter applied tackling pressure. Freddy applied the running pressure.
With all of the above happening, Pearce, Ryan and Cox were able to assemble the tight knit defence they were renowned for last season.
This also enabled the likes of Clark, Young walker and Hughes to lead the attack out of the backline.
Was pleased with the Erasmus game as well last night. He is settling nicely.
It was also obvious that Noddy needed time on the ground to find form. The longer the game went last night the better he got.
Full marks for a team effort.And I am not saying those I mentioned were our best players, just thought they were the difference from what we have seen previous.

O’Driscoll finally looking like he could run helped immensely.

I hope they leave Treacy in. Thought his first half was great

He moves really well for such a big guy.

He is building nicely.

R8 Hawks - 14.9km (3.0km high speed)
R7 Lions - 14.3km (2.4km high speed)

Not much to add but Kudos to Banfield for a very good game. I’ve been a critic of his selection but credit where credit is due.
Team wise, what a difference it makes when you don’t continually fumble the ball And take the game on through pace . I been wanting Clark in particular to run and carry much more which he did last night. His pace is a weapon that we should be trying to exploit as often as possible.

O’Driscoll finally looking like he could run helped immensely.

I hope they leave Treacy in. Thought his first half was great
Noddy proved he could run last season. This season he had a bad start to pre season and needed game time.He is now nearing peak fitness. I would love to see Treacy keep his spot as well as I believe he made life difficult for the Hawks defence.

Last edited:
Loved this post Scham. It has been really disappointing reading the vitriol on this board about Banfield during this past week. Give the guy a break. in spite of the fact that his confidence must be in the toilet from some of the hideous stuff (bloody sadistic) said about him he still managed to play really well tonight.

Well done Bailey.
How can your confidence be in the toilet when you can play however you like and still get selected every week?

He's be feeling ****ing invincible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to agree with you on Ras and not solely because he’s my Buddy. I just love having some fierce in the midfield. Someone who sticks tackles, chases like they’re on his Grandma and scraps for the pill. Yes, he ****ed up with that Edgar David crap, but he’s young and * me he showed some heart like we haven’t all year.
What was his stats? Did he end up with 10 tackles?

Jackson was huge last night at ground level. 16 contested possessions and ended up with 4 clearances. We actually looked better insofar as clearances go with Jackson. Darcy the better tap ruckman but Jackson offers so much more at ground level. Jackson laid a few bone crunching tackles last night.

Still going to be an issue managing those two. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Jackson at CHB and Cox forward but we all know that won’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jackson was huge last night at ground level. 16 contested possessions and ended up with 4 clearances. We actually looked better insofar as clearances go with Jackson. Darcy the better tap ruckman but Jackson offers so much more at ground level. Jackson laid a few bone crunching tackles last night.

Still going to be an issue managing those two. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Jackson at CHB and Cox forward but we all know that won’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Darcy is not a very good centre square ruckman. I would like us to try using Jackson as centre square ruck quite often.

Darcy is not a very good centre square ruckman. I would like us to try using Jackson as centre square ruck quite often.
Wouldn’t mind Treacy ruck and Jackson midfield. Unpredictable. Darcy winning taps makes it easier for opposition to shark.
Blicavs rucks and offers such a damaging aspect. Treacy can be similar and use his body. He’s not afraid to get in amongst it

A lot of positives to list them all but overall genuinely thrilled we weren’t pushed by a bottom 3 side at home and put them to the sword.

Biggest issue was we got killed out of the middle again - especially in the first half. Once we threw Fyfe in there he made a MASSIVE different, just like when he did in the Saints game at Marvel last year. Brayshaw’s a great player but he’s better on the spread than winning the contested ball out of the middle, having Fyfe in there throwing his big frame around lets Brayshaw play his natural game. This could be Erasmus when Fyfey hangs up the boots and has a few more years to develop his body.

Did anyone else notice how much Pearce was handing the kicks off after mark to Ryan or anyone else in his vicinity? Didn’t want to kick the ball at all
Yes. Although, he isn't actually so bad playing on quick but moving forward..issues seems quick change direction or running back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back