Review Win’s a win: Freo in a grind over the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Pearce is the best defender in the competition right now. His leadership in defence last night was top level work.

Sam Taylor is the best but Moose is right up there.

They need to clone Benny the Jet. A superb footballer. Doesn't stand behind Maurice or TI, but walks along side them.And in my view, amybe just a half step ahead,;);)

Benny Vigona?? If so, I asked Mal Brown a couple of years ago, who was the most talented/gifted footballer he had ever coached or play with/against - he took about 5 seconds to say Vigona

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm still waiting to heat what Bradesmaen lovess about his club, Freo.
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

best 3 Pearce , Andrews and Taylor , Will be interesting come All Australian selection time.
Will come down to availability and consistency.
Taylor has been excellent for quite a while, Pearce has really shown some serious form in the first 3 games and just needs to keep fit and firing.

This week will be a very good challenge, the best defenders relish coming up against the best forwards.

I haven't yet seen the advertised foot skills from Johnson. I thought he was supposed to be a tier below Young, but a tier above Brayshaw/Serong.

Surprisingly Brayshaw and Serong have been hitting a lot of neat 45 kicks into the middle of the ground to open the game. Just wish we got more of that from Johnson and less "long down the line".
I just assume we always ask our wings to kick long down the line. Brayshaw and Serong have different instructions.

Benny Vigona?? If so, I asked Mal Brown a couple of years ago, who was the most talented/gifted footballer he had ever coached or play with/against - he took about 5 seconds to say Vigona

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's great. I asked TI the same question and he said Ron Boucher without blinking.

As a Claremont boy was hoping for Mossy, but he said Boucher was small but use to come out of nowhere and give you a clip.

What the hell do you even make of that abomination of a game ?

Horrific display of skills by both teams and one team sucked a little less than the other and gets 4 points out of it

Massive gap in class when measured against the good teams but we are a very good running team

Suspect we have a big reality check looming on the horizon
Pretty sure this is a troll account.

Ignore it guys. Mods will clean it up later.

Finally watched the entire game and was surprised - it didn’t look as s**t as reported. Looked like two teams who really wanted to win.
I thought Draper looked amazing! Fredericks was quiet, but that’s ok. They aren’t robots and will have off days. I love that there’s always other players stepping up.
Sharp and Clark were awesome, and couldn’t fault AP’s leadership.

Mate Ross Lyon ain’t coming back, in fact if he had coached this game you’d be spanking yourself stupid about how well he did to hold last years highest scoring team to 4 goals.
You seriously want this club to lose games so you become relevant, bizarre.
There’s always one. He’s just white noise and irrelevant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for freedom of speech and discussion provoking criticism but it’s odd that some people only come on here to take pot shots at the club.
I stopped coming here for ages because I was tired of us winning then having our own supporters leaving me feeling deflated. Now I just put them on ignore.

My only main issue with this game was the number of unforced errors.
I am sure the coaches will speak to the boys and do some fundamental skills refreshers at training.

Jsut need to ensure we hold the marks when we get two hands on it. Make sure we hit targets on the chest via hands or foot.

Too many times the ball from hands or foot went to ground meters in front of our players.

But they kept fighting and eventually kicked to opportunity and as the coach said Adelaide last year were a high scoring team so our focus this week was defense first. That went well. But as a repeat, we need to tidy up those skill errors.

I am sure the coaches will speak to the boys and do some fundamental skills refreshers at training.

Jsut need to ensure we hold the marks when we get two hands on it. Make sure we hit targets on the chest via hands or foot.

Too many times the ball from hands or foot went to ground meters in front of our players.

But they kept fighting and eventually kicked to opportunity and as the coach said Adelaide last year were a high scoring team so our focus this week was defense first. That went well. But as a repeat, we need to tidy up those skill errors.
There was an earlier comment that both Brayshaw and Serong are cleaner with their disposal this year, which I agree with. They are top players of course, but it would still reflect what has been given focus in the off season.

That's great. I asked TI the same question and he said Ron Boucher without blinking.

As a Claremont boy was hoping for Mossy, but he said Boucher was small but use to come out of nowhere and give you a clip.
‘Roo’ Boucher wasn’t tall - rucks were often 6’ 4” or 6’ 5” in those days. But he was as wide as a house, a martial arts gun and bloody terrifying to most opponents (not so much TI and Maurice).

Things were pretty different in those days. I remember, after Leon Baker first rocked up unannounced to Swans’ training, John Todd describing his response to being asked about his training and weights routine as being along the lines of, ‘I sometimes carry bricks at work’.

I watched Sydney and Tigers today, could very well have said that about this game.
All clubs make those mistakes some just see our mistakes more because they want something to whinge about.
Oh and the commentators were calling it as maybe the best game of the season.
A lot of times we take the commentators opinions as gospel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back