Autopsy Freo outclassed by the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

600m gained. 0 score involvements. Is there a stat out there that measures metres gained the following posession? Because for every 50m Ryan gains it goes 100m back the other way.
Assisted metres gained, it’s not free though you need CD access

Probably. But, after today it seems like any work we did on gameplan, tactics etc we'd be just shuffling deckchairs.

We don't have the cattle.
The club made off season decisions that indicate they don't agree.

- we traded out our best kpf, and the only one we had who lends any plausibility to our penchant for bombing it long inside 50. I think it's pretty clear that with Jackson coming in we thought had that covered and maintain that strategy.

- we traded out our only plausible swing man, again indicating that we were confident he was surplus to requirements.

- we traded out our best performing wing and the club indicated we had depth to manage that. The failure to find a solution to the loss of Acres is embarrassing.

- we traded out of a couple of drafts worth of first round draft picks with the clear indication that Jackson was the final piece for our game plan. This year's draft pick looks like something that will really get Melbourne fans salivating over.

- we have seen no reason to fast track our high end midfield draftees and instead have them on the slow train in development terms.

- we have traded in a mature midfielder which now seems to have resulted in our best performed big bodied mid from last year now playing at Peel, while simultaneously putting in borderline performances himself.

- we have determined that our midfield situation is so good that Fyfe is no longer required.

All of that is telling me the club believes we do have the cattle.

What we do have is an excellent list for a coach to inherit.

Zero score involvements is the stat I see as most important.

To put that in perspective everyone else in the team had a score involvement except Alex Pearce. Most weeks the whole team has a score involvement.

The guy touched the ball 22 times and is supposed to be turning defence into attack. He doesn’t do anything except slow our ball movement and make impossible for us to score.

His number of disposals and intercept marks will keep him in the team but match committee should think seriously about dropping him. It’s not just about dropping sh** players - it’s about which players would benefit from being dropped. Perhaps a month at Peel where he can try more risky kicks without as much consequence would benefit him greatly
Wouldn't that mean the player up the field is ******* up? Because isn't metres gained a completed pass. Just hoofing g it doesn't count?

SUMICH was right
Need to tweak the game plan

I think the best comments I’ve seen

- we play the wrong gamestyle for the players we have (no strong contested forwards)

- we are short in the midfield, need to try another player through there. Mundy replacement. I think that player is staring us in the face but no one has picked it. Hayden Young - same footskills

- Brodie has to play with Omeara - brayshaw to wing/ rotation cb

Johnson and Erasmus to play rotate CB to hff/wing

We have enough in the backline

Ryan is the Pearce replacement - just play Pearce when the other side has a light pole like McKay or king

Cox maybe not strong enough to be full back

I don’t know a lot of issues strategy and personel

SUMICH was right

- we play the wrong gamestyle for the players we have (no strong contested forwards)

- we are short in the midfield, need to try another player through there. Mundy replacement. I think that player is staring us in the face but no one has picked it. Hayden Young - same footskills

Ryan is the Pearce replacement - just play Pearce when the other side has a light pole like McKay or king

Not sure about young in the midfield tbh. Maybe wing. In congestion he isn't that great

Nah, it won’t be, will bet my house on it. We’ll win a few at some point. We haven’t dropped from a like 16 win team to a 3 win team.

I know you’re joking but the I’m gonna have a mini vent. The sky is falling is all your guys venting which I guess I understand but jeez I wish if even in the dark times that we could have some sanity and level headedness. It’s really hard to come on here reading all this stuff.

We aren’t finishing bottom 3, we won a final last year.
Melbourne went from a prelim to 17th. Not sure what you are watching that makes you think this is turning around.

And then to a flag a couple of years later. That's about the time zone for us too. Not too many thought we'd be contending for a flag before 2025.
We're not a long term write-off (unless we don't adjust our shocking style). Even then JL would get sacked and surely we'd be due a coach that at least plays attractive footy?
Turn around? I’m saying like 13th to 11th? Have we been completely uncompetitive?
Somewhat competitive but in literally none of our games (bar West Coast) did I ever feel like we were going to win. The Saints result is decent in hindsight I guess.

I look at our draw and wonder who we beat playing like we are? Hawks at home I would be somewhat confident. I literally don't rate us against anyone else. We are dreadful.

yeah…we have been…. Just wait till we verse the good teams…
No, we haven’t been uncompetitive, that’s rubbish. Saints are a good team.

I’ll just stick to reading through this stuff for trolls / insults and let you all wallow a bit longer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll just stick to reading through this stuff for trolls / insults and let you all wallow a bit longer
Would love to see how many times we kicked 3+ goals in a row. Last quarter vs wce and last few minutes vs north? Apart from that we haven’t even looked like being damaging. Even in the saints game it was close because the umpires gifted us shots right in front of goal.

Not sure about young in the midfield tbh. Maybe wing. In congestion he isn't that great
I don’t think we’ll ever see Young in midfield. Maybe on the outside as a winger. His best spot is where he is. He would never get his hands on it in congestion and takes too long for him to get ball to foot or hand.

After what I saw on WAFL on Fri Brodie is the tall mid to get into the midfield. JOM to half forward line.

Too many players out of form. Especially our younger crew. I think they felt things would just continue on like last year. Young, Clark, Brodie and to a lesser extent Brayshaw. Added to the fact Blacres moved on and the replacements (Hughes/Henry) have been far inferior.

Brodie being dropped I 100% supported. He addressed what he needed to and looked very sharp for Peel. Young and Clark need to get going ASAP. Henry and NOD back to Peel to sort out their stuff. Johnson deserves a starting gig. Erasmus needs a couple of big WAFL possession games and then he will be in the mix.

SUMICH was right

You do realise no one read past your first sentence right?

We're not a long term write-off (unless we don't adjust our shocking style). Even then JL would get sacked and surely we'd be due a coach that at least plays attractive footy?

Somewhat competitive but in literally none of our games (bar West Coast) did I ever feel like we were going to win. The Saints result is decent in hindsight I guess.

I look at our draw and wonder who we beat playing like we are? Hawks at home I would be somewhat confident. I literally don't rate us against anyone else. We are dreadful.
Who is a coach that plays attractive footy and is available???

Saints were missing half their team…let’s not try and roll that turd in sprinkles shall we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back