Preview We Feel Like Chicken Tonight... Freo vs Eagles Derby 58

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Freddy been ruled out?
Not officially, I think wako is just ruminating on the possibility Freddy can't get up or the club is cautious, like with Darcy last week. I think we should have enough to take care of them, but sport is funny business and I don't like the feeling of Freo being a bit unpredictable right now....I still reckon other's take is right, we have enough 'class' to see them off, I hope we score over 80 points, I love we can bonecrush other teams offenses.........but the lack of their own scoring?! Not so much

Been a while since I’ve been to an away Derby…

The last one I went to we had about 48 on the board before they kicked a goal.
I was sitting in a bay high up in the stands at Subiaco Oval.

I was literally the only one in Purple within a bay or two. The process of optimism to trepidation to outright agression from the fans toward their own players was something to behold.

I was just giving it the the golf clap until about half time when they accepted they were screwed.

I’m going again this Saturday.

Can’t wait…let’s hope we kick seven layers of poop out of them again.
That’s the exact same away derby I last went to. Feral. Absolute feral fans. Hate away derbies. Vowed to never go to one after that.
You’re a brave brave person. But hopefully the result is a thumping.

That was way back in 2015. Crazy how from that game, Fremantle were to lose 10 successive derbies until finally winning in 2021. Who would’ve thought.

Would love 6 straight Derby wins this week.

this is why it might be defensive and low scoring, unless we have Jackson up forward

will be a dry game, so will need to small forwards when it gets wet
Surely with Jackson up forward, it’ll be chaotic. Walters and Emmett should be enough. Need Sturt to be honest.

Darcy and Jackson should be too much for them.

May see Banfield forward again and shifting Johnson to wing.

That’s the exact same away derby I last went to. Feral. Absolute feral fans. Hate away derbies. Vowed to never go to one after that.
You’re a brave brave person. But hopefully the result is a thumping.

That was way back in 2015. Crazy how from that game, Fremantle were to lose 10 successive derbies until finally winning in 2021. Who would’ve thought.

Would love 6 straight Derby wins this week.
I either flee to another part of WA or hide under my doona

* it’d be embarrassing if we lose.
I’ve said this before but WC are going to win contested ball in the midfield and dominate.
We have to match them this weekend and I think we will but in time the Derby’s will be an arm wrestle.
Guys like Erasmus, Johnson, etc need to be bigger in the upper body.
I’m still waiting to see that massive change.
I think WC boys weight program adds bulk, while we have superior fitness.

I’ve said this before but WC are going to win contested ball in the midfield and dominate.
We have to match them this weekend and I think we will but in time the Derby’s will be an arm wrestle.
We've beaten better midfielders this year. No reason we won't beat theirs

* it’d be embarrassing if we lose.
We're not losing this. If those 2 are out, it's not really terrible. It's more...'undesirable'. But this isn't a bad opportunity to bedut 1 of a Delean or a Simpson. West Coke are not Port. Did it with Freddy in 2020 as I said before. That being said I would have thought they'd announce it by now, but I can't recall when they usually do a "oh surprise, you're debuting!" for the cameras.

Best call ya mamma!

Different team now. Walters hasn't been in peak form and that could be due to ageing, but this is a game where he'll get some looks. I reckon pencil him in for a minimum of 3. I'll stick my neck out and say Walters kicks 4. A return to sparkling form courtesy of some Hairy Chest Coast junk defending. They'll be space.

If Darcy is good to go, Jye, Jacko and Joshclone are handy enough to keep Barrass and McFatty busy; crumbers should have a field day feast......kicked 93 and 102 in the opening 2 Rounds (no, not thee Opening Round - we weren't 'special' enough to be allowed to feature in that..), I predict Freo won't score under 90. I don't know what the final score will be but it won't be under 38 points a margin. Yes I'm putting my neck on the line...CHOP CHOP! So be it.

There, how's that..?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the coming from? We've beaten every midfield this year and they were all superior to WC. The one battle they have won was against Richmond's seconds missing Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Ross.

The jury is still out on who's going to make it from the new guys with them. Reid will be good but might not stay around in 3 years if they still suck and Tassie comes in and takes all the picks.

It's not 1994

I think blue shark is saying that in the future the West Coast midfield of Hewitt, Ginbey and Reid will be bigger-bodied and potentially more so than ours. And so he wants Ras and Johnson to get size as well as fitness.

Makes sense.

But not now. Now, we have the wood on those clowns.

I hope Bubba Darcy smashes the s**t out of whichever sacrificial lamb the Weags offer up to him.

I think blue shark is saying that in the future the West Coast midfield of Hewitt, Ginbey and Reid will be bigger-bodied and potentially more so than ours. And so he wants Ras and Johnson to get size as well as fitness.

Makes sense.

But not now. Now, we have the wood on those clowns.

I hope Bubba Darcy smashes the s**t out of whichever sacrificial lamb the Weags offer up to him.
Will the real Swaggy please stand up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back