Prediction Round 22: Changes Vs West Coast Eagles + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Never but never underestimate
a whipped up home game advantage team with the comp’s most entitled supporters
Especially when this game is their great white hope of the entire season and they've been embarrased all year.

I used to go to every away derby at subi as the rest of the family are west coast supporters.

Was actually kinda fun, the block got to know me as the freo supporter and the banter was pretty good for a bunch of oldies.

I'm torn on this Young thing, I kinda wanted Chappy to be the backman to make the transition to mid and be the rampaging bull as Young is a better backman than Chappy (IMO)

I'm going to the game with my son

First game for him live

Better win because I need to turn him from a Carlton supporter to a Freo supporter.
Good luck.
I did that in 1995, but I wasn't a kid.
I'm old :)
While I'm posting, I went to a few away derbies at Subi. They were mostly painful experiences.
Just such an annoying bunch of morons in the main are those evils fans.
I got a few of them angry after their game against Sydney when I said to them, "How did you guys go in the end? I switched off at 3/4 time". For those who forgot that delightful game, the Swannies were up by well over 100 points at 3/4 time.
Current update.
Carlton are now my 5th worst team, due to their mostly flog supporters.
the chardonnays will always be public enemy #1. in fact I even actively avoid their sponsors.
2nd worst port power. 3rd crows. SA is just such a sh1t state & the puffers are the most south Australian of the teams.
Hawks 4th worst. That is just sour grapes. 2013 haunts me.
then the Blues.
oh my, what a negative post.
sorry for the dribble

good luck with your kid.
mine is 23 & a Freo tragic

I'm going to the game with my son

First game for him live

Better win because I need to turn him from a Carlton supporter to a Freo supporter.
If he’s under the age of 7 then you have a chance to turn him but if he’s 7 or over he’s already lost. Sorry mate.

Doesn't relate to Freo but saints just had one of those rare af things

Named 26 in a squad with Clark on the wing but then dropped him from the 22 after the team was finalised

It's super rare but it does happen on occasion, I know it's been a debate here before

If Aish can run with Kelly that might be enough.
Why wouldn't we do the reverse and play Aish in defence and Young onball. In my opinion Aish has gotten exposed by the better hard running mids more than a few times times this year so I don't think he's a great match up for Kelly. Aish was moved into defence when Hughes was subbed off last week. Why wouldn't we go with him for the whole game. We've got Johnson, Worner, Freddy and Henry to rotate wing plus O'Meara spent time there last week so we have more than enough options to be able to move Aish from the wing to defence while also playing Young onball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't we do the reverse and play Aish in defence and Young onball. In my opinion Aish has gotten exposed by the better hard running mids more than a few times times this year so I don't think he's a great match up for Kelly. Aish was moved into defence when Hughes was subbed off last week. Why wouldn't we go with him for the whole game. We've got Johnson, Worner, Freddy and Henry to rotate wing plus O'Meara spent time there last week so we have more than enough options to be able to move Aish from the wing to defence while also playing Young onball.
Aish has been pretty meh on the wing this year, his best games were when we had both NOD and Henry playing wing and Aish more onball. Hasn’t had the best season IMO.

Or set up you laptop and tv to run the both games simultaneously so you can watch both as they happen. I'll be doing that. I don't want to miss seeing a goal from either sport.
Matilda’s starts at 3pm (5pm AEST)
Derby is at 6.

I’d be a little concerned if the tillies were still playing.

If Longmuir plays Young in the back line again, after his last fortnight, Belly should sack him at half time.
Agree. Mids has been our problem all year. Finally when its too late Mr Conservative lets Young have a run in there.

Kid absolutely kills it and we look a different team then when we lose an integral but hardly star part of the back 6 we bring in an adequate replacement and he's talking about needing to put Young back there?

If we win the midfield battle which young with his bigger body and footy smarts is actually helping us do then let the back 6 take care of itself.
Its madness and hopefully just ducks and drakes.

If we start with Young down back and the Eagles assisted by their usual home ground umpiring get a run on from the middle and we start 4-5 goals behind like we were earlier in the year then I don't know what to say.

If I have to make a case for Aish on ball over in defense it might be that the Eagles have a lot of pace forward and he won't be caught out as much around the stoppages like he could over the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back