Prediction Changes: Round 21 Vs Brisbane Lions + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Hughes

In: Chapman

Hughes job is now done. 100 games up and he's been alright actually but that's all we needed from him this season. Chappy time baby.
Literally zero chance this happens given Peel has the bye. Chapman needs at least one more week at Peel.

Literally zero chance this happens given Peel has the bye. Chapman needs at least one more week at Peel.
Meh maybe you're right, regardless, I'll be in here every week saying Hughes out from here on. Surplus to requirements, no longer necessary.

Stanley probably needs a full game so he goes back to Peel

Johnson as sub makes the most sense

anyone back from injury?

Watch on Treacy I reckon, knee to the back of the head, delayed concussion a possibility

Out: Hughes

In: Chapman

Hughes job is now done. 100 games up and he's been alright actually but that's all we needed from him this season. Chappy time baby.
Now he can focus on getting some kids and developing them into generational prodigies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t Cox available this week?
You would imagine he’s an automatic in.

Even before the result I would have given us a decent chance in this one, I dont think Lions are flying and I'm always kind of confident we can beat them at home.

Cox in for Hamling probs the only thing barring the "training injury" late in the week

Cox is good, but Haming stays. He’s been a rock of maturity in pressure moments.

I can't see how you could drop Wagner...He is exactly what we need..always wanting to move things on quickly and offering options

He has surprised me

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because Chapman is a far better player.
If hes healthy, he comes in & Wagners the logical out.

Wagners had a decent couple weeks, but that’s about the top of his ceiling. Nothing against him, just a limited player imo

It’s probably more likely that Chapman plays WAFL

Because Chapman is a far better player.
If hes healthy, he comes in & Wagners the logical out.

Wagners had a decent couple weeks, but that’s about the top of his ceiling. Nothing against him, just a limited player imo

It’s probably more likely that Chapman plays WAFL
Chapman maybe more talented, may have a higher ceiling, but to bring back Chapman in from a long term injury underdone, and potentially risk re injury when not much left on the line for this season is a silly move

Meh maybe you're right, regardless, I'll be in here every week saying Hughes out from here on. Surplus to requirements, no longer necessary.
From one of his teammates who runs out with him:

"ETHAN HUGHES (100th milestone game)
He epitomises the trademark of Fremantle. He is no fuss and the way he takes the contest and bodylines the ball is so great. We saw some highlights of him yesterday and some of the highlights were literally him just going harder and stronger than anyone else. He epitomises what Fremantle is, and he lives and breathes the trademark which we all aspire to."

Chapman is zero chance to play AFL at this point. You don't miss the amount of footy he has and just come back to AFL after a managed minutes effort in the WAFL. I'm hoping when he does return its in a wing/midfield or even mid/forward role.

I don't bring Johnson back either. His form was tapering away and he needs to "rest" at the lower level a bit.

I would actually leave the team unchanged. I'd be tempted to start Stanley and give Ras the sub. He's one that probably hasn't got 4 quarters in him at this point of his career and while he was heavily involved early he made some shocking errors. I'm coming around to believing he's going to be a serious inside mid but I'd love to see Stanley get a look from earlier and let Ras come on as a burst player later as I think he'd excel at it.

Everyone played their role today. Everyone. You have to reward that.

The question I don't have an answer for is what to do if Cox is ready. Obviously he's best 22 but its been so good watching Hamling show he still has it. He's such a reliable and clever defender and the balance with him their is allowing Pearce and Ryan to be more proactive with intercepting as well as Young to go up the ground into the middle, which I really hope we persist with. Both Young and Chapman need to be part of the midfield group.

Wagner has the fearless dash that replaces Walker's role and he's been terrific especially kicking inside 50.

I suppose if anyone has to come out for Cox and keep the balance it probably is Hughes but I don't like the disrespect shown to him earlier in this thread. He's a limited footballer but I have nothing but respect for how hard he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back