Prediction Round 20: Changes Vs Geelong Cats + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep the young blokes in. get games into them. although Johnson could possibly do with a kick in the pants and be made sub.

In: Aish if available
Out: JOM- very mid. Meh.
Switkowski 100% should be out. Absolutely no one to bring in

Nothing to bring in. Chapman needs another week. Tabs 2-3 weeks away.

Brodie fit? He should play the rest of the year.

We literally don’t have anyone to bring in. Would have been nice actually playing Brodie this year.

Switta has been useless for ages but no one to take over him.

Emmett has the worst kick in front of goal I’ve ever seen for a forward. Playing Colyer is useless because he won’t be here next year. Wilson out too. Davies, Draper both need at least 3 more pre seasons. Chapman in dire need of match fitness. Forgot Tabs existed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamling, Pearce, Hughes
Clark, Ryan, Young

Henry, O'Meara, Johnson
Reidy, Serong, Brayshaw

Switkowski, Treacy, Schultz
Jackson, Amiss, Walters

Sturt, Erasmus, Fredrick, Wagner

Sub: Stanley

In: Reidy
Out: Corbett

Give Aish & NOD another week and Hughes a send-off in his 100th. Reidy in so Jackson can be freed up a wreak havoc as a Mid/Fwd/Ruck. Rest of the forwardline looked fine so no need for Banfield back. Keep Stanley as the sub as he builds his tank, even gives the option mid-late game to take up Reidy and move Treacy to the 2nd ruck if we're looking to press with speed. Would love to see JOM dropped for Brodie but I'm dreaming sadly :(

Hamling, Pearce, Hughes
Clark, Ryan, Young

Henry, O'Meara, Johnson
Reidy, Serong, Brayshaw

Jackson, Amiss, Walters

Give Aish & NOD another week and Hughes a send-off in his 100th. Reidy in so Jackson can be freed up a wreak havoc as a Mid/Fwd/Ruck. Rest of the forwardline looked fine so no need for Banfield back. Keep Stanley as the sub as he builds his tank, even gives the option mid-late game to take up Reidy and move Treacy to the 2nd ruck if we're looking to press with speed. Would love to see JOM dropped for Brodie but I'm dreaming sadly :(

Corbett was rubbish

Hamling, Pearce, Hughes
Clark, Ryan, Young

Henry, O'Meara, Johnson
Reidy, Serong, Brayshaw

Jackson, Amiss, Walters

You said everything I think. I will only add I would have Brodie in as soon as he is fit and ready, which may mean a game at Wafl first.

Corbett was rubbish

was he?

From a team balance point of view, would you like to keep him in there or send him back forward?
We went with a different structure tonight than when Sean was missing last time and I thought ‘Corbs’ (Josh Corbett) gave us a decent contest ahead of the ball when he had to and brought it to ground and created some opportunities himself as well. So we will keep tinkering with personnel but I think that structure is a better structure for us.

was he?

From a team balance point of view, would you like to keep him in there or send him back forward?
We went with a different structure tonight than when Sean was missing last time and I thought ‘Corbs’ (Josh Corbett) gave us a decent contest ahead of the ball when he had to and brought it to ground and created some opportunities himself as well. So we will keep tinkering with personnel but I think that structure is a better structure for us.

He was as good as Tabs was in the early rounds. Gave us a contest. Meh.

On form Pearce should be an out. Say it is injury if it isn't (which would be a massive concern long term)and if it is, send him for surgery. He is a net negative and we know that Ryan can play tall when needed.

Hamling and Ryan, with Hughes and Young. Have Clark and Wilson bring the run.

was he?

He was s**t. JLO is either blind or won't criticise his players publicly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back