Prediction Round 23: Changes Vs Port Adelaide + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the opposite of a new coach bounce? Because Ken just signed on for an extra 2 years to 2026.
yeah Wow!

Port peeps not Happy.
Carr probably not best pleased.

Maybe a good time to catch them out of step?

How about a monster first Q , they wont be expecting that!

Yokai!

The MRP weren't probably even watching the game.

2 bottom four teams playing against each other from WA.

I reckon the AFL couldn't care less were happy for the Matildas to have there night in the sun.
Yeah ...they were prolly distracted.

But I dont feel AFL is ever happy to let Association Football to have any sunlight!

I reckon all that Matildas joy on their big screens was deeply painful!

They were caught in a truly unescapable squirrel grip!

YOKAI Matildas!

Anyone else a bit worried about this game? I know the season is done and dusted, but it would be nice to have a strong finish to the season and, historically, we don't perform all that well after the bye.
Carr has local knowledge and before the game, Port will know if they win, finishing second is their prize (because prior, the Pies play the Lions next weekend).

Reckon close at times, but Port's mids to take control and Dixon to kick a few, as with the others down there.
Port by 5 goals

who would you bring in for corbett? i dont think tabs is ready and i think we look good with the structure up top we have so unless we bring in a ruck for Corbett im happy for him to play out the year

yeah wouldnt mind seeing brodie get a gig, not sure how hes going in the wafl since his injury but i hope he can some day find his good form of last year again, but with ras and johnson plus young now establishing themselves it might be too late for him

I’d bring in Banfield. You have to reward a game like the one he had against Claremont. Corbett makes Erasmus look like Usain Bolt. Can’t have him loping around HF getting beaten by WAFL quality defenders from west coast.

Anyone else a bit worried about this game? I know the season is done and dusted, but it would be nice to have a strong finish to the season and, historically, we don't perform all that well after the bye.
i see what you did there cas GIF

I'll be completely honest and say the quiet bit loud: I don't mind losing this one. I hope we have a red hot crack: Erasmus, Young, Johnson and Serong spending majority minutes in the midfield. The forwardline basically unchanged (except maybe Banfield in for Corbett) and just any youngster showing any promise getting a run against the best midfield in the game. Great experience, great to be competitive and if we win I'll be extremely happy....

...but if Port can leapfrog Brisbane...I mean, the footy world wins. The chances of Fagan winning a flag go down and everyone can laugh some more at the anti-Ken fans imploding that Koch and co. may be vindicated with another Top 2 finish.

I'm just hoping for some good vibes this weekend :thumbsu:

I'll be completely honest and say the quiet bit loud: I don't mind losing this one. I hope we have a red hot crack: Erasmus, Young, Johnson and Serong spending majority minutes in the midfield. The forwardline basically unchanged (except maybe Banfield in for Corbett) and just any youngster showing any promise getting a run against the best midfield in the game. Great experience, great to be competitive and if we win I'll be extremely happy....

...but if Port can leapfrog Brisbane...I mean, the footy world wins. The chances of Fagan winning a flag go down and everyone can laugh some more at the anti-Ken fans imploding that Koch and co. may be vindicated with another Top 2 finish.

That is purely as a selfish fan assessment. I hope the club and players are giving it everything and trying to establish a winning culture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We havent won a home game in weeks. I just want to watch another win in person.

Those are all good points but that’s the style JL chooses to play, there is a lot of weight resting on the shoulders of 2 or 3 guys in that system, I personally would prefer to see the load shared a bit more.
Serong burns a lot of chances in front of goal it’s an area he can definitely improve on. To be fair to Brayshaw it’s an area he has improved on a bit, he’s gone from being terrible at the beginning of his career to now being average, maybe kicking 0.4 or so goals a game.
I just look at our team and I still think we are one goal scoring mid short. 11 goals a game won’t win * all and we need to get that up to 13 or so to become premiership contenders.

Scoring a GOTY is a strawman argument, nothing to do with the question in hand. it was a superb moment and great goal but across this season Serong has only kicked 0.2 goals a game. He’s still our best player but can still improve. His next step is to become a top 10 player in the league and I’m sure he can get there, there is no one more determined on the list. He should also be captain IMO.

That Hawks side had the following forwards:

Buddy - arguably the best forward in history, an all time great of the sport.
Roughead - a multiple AA and Coleman medal winner
Gunston - one of the best medium forward this decade and another AA and B&F winner
Breust - some would argue the best small forward of all time. In line for this third AA this year.
Rioli - one of the most outrageous talents ever seen on a footy field. A 3 time AA and norm smith medalist.

The worst forward they had in 2013 was Paul Puopolo who still seemed to kick about 30 or 40 goals a year in that era.

We will never ever see a collection of forward talent like that again in the same team. That is the best forward 6 in AFL history hands down. if they never scored a goal from midfield it didn’t matter. Even when Buddy left after the first flag it didn’t seem to make a difference they still had heaps of goalscoring talent in attack.
Remarkably I can think of one side that had a very potent forward line that was in the area as nearly as good a the hawks and Dangerous on paper: the 2015-7 crows.

Taylor Walker: Kicked 53 goals in 2017.
Eddie Betts: kicked 50-55 goals in 2017. Kicked 75 goals in 2016.
Josh Jenkins: kicked 45 goals in 2017 as a kpf Ruck. kicked 62 goals in 2016.
Tom Lynch: kicked 30-40 goals a season as a 190 cm 3rd tall.
Charlie Cameron: only kicked 29 goals in 2017. But eventually kicks 50-55 goals a year at Brisbane.
Mitch McGovern: a 30-40 goal a season forward at the crows.

Looks like Richmond are going to barely show up in round 24 against Port so maybe they should look to not over extend themselves flying to Perth and stay home for the training drill and sure win against the Tigers next weekend.
Thay are playing to finish top two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back