Prediction Round 22: Changes Vs West Coast Eagles + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at the toast, so desperate to get the win in their grand final that they announce a bunch of retirements of their heart and soul players right before the derby.

Sad sad sad.
The eagles were $3.70 at the start of the week.

Then down to $2.70 on Wednesday.

Now blown out to $5.20. lol

how much money you putting on the Eagles?
tumblr-mkbyoz-Yh-Kw1qgvdf9o1-250.gif

I've gone over it a few times but I really think ras should be dropped to peel for wafl finals qualification

Those premiership runs were invaluable to players like Langdon, weller, cox, ryan, taberner

A real crack at some hot finals footy would be great for Erasmus development imo
I think you're right, our AFL season is shot while Peel is in the hunt for a flag. He would get more out of WAFL finals then some meaningless late season AFL games as sub.

You got your wish with Worner
I'm really happy for him as he showed some good signs in limited minutes in his debut game and he deserves to be selected on form unlike some of the players who've been selected in recent times despite not performing at a consistent level. I'd also prefer Erasmus play a game at WAFL level if he's not selected as sub as I think it makes him eligible for WAFL finals if he does and in my view playing WAFL finals and has more potential benefit for him leading into next year than one extra game of AFL.

Or am I thinking of where someone was a emergency flying back from east and playing WAFL same weekend?
Ethan Stanley did that. As for being AFL sub then playing WAFL the day after, wasn't that Banfield at one point this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really happy for him as he showed some good signs in limited minutes in his debut game and he deserves to be selected on form unlike some of the players who've been selected in recent times despite not performing at a consistent level. I'd also prefer Erasmus play a game at WAFL level if he's not selected as sub as I think it makes him eligible for WAFL finals if he does and in my view playing WAFL finals and has more potential benefit for him leading into next year than one extra game of AFL.

In order to qualify for the WAFL Finals AFL listed players must ... have played in at least 5 games in order to qualify for WAFL finals ... must also have played more WAFL League games than AFL games. If an AFL player has been named as an emergency for his AFL club and travels with the team or if the AFL Player has been named as an emergency for his AFL Club when they play at home and does not participate in that AFL Fixture, that emergency game will be credited towards the minimum of five (5) WAFL qualifying matches in the relevant season unless his WAFL team have a bye on that same round of games.

Erasmus currently on 6 WAFL games and 11 AFL games, with 3 Peel games left. Won't qualify for WAFL finals unless there have been enough of those AFL emergency situations (can't be bothered checking but I doubt that happened 3 times) ... plus the wording is a grey area over whether those count above the 5 minimum games.

EDIT: I am not sure if those are old rules I came across? Someone else could confirm?

Last edited:

Erasmus currently on 6 WAFL games and 11 AFL games, with 3 Peel games left. Won't qualify for WAFL finals unless there have been enough of those AFL emergency situations (can't be bothered checking but I doubt that happened 3 times) ... plus the wording is a grey area over whether those count above the 5 minimum games.

EDIT: I am not sure if those are old rules I came across? Someone else could confirm?
Those aren't the right rules

I've posted them in the peel thread

Me too. Gutless. What the hell is Worner for? Aish?
I can only think he's ******* with WC. Worner is literally a direct in for Hughes, they play the exact same role and it's not like we are lacking height for what WC have up there

I can only think he's ******* with WC. Worner is literally a direct in for Hughes, they play the exact same role and it's not like we are lacking height for what WC have up there
Yeah, this was at the joint media conference.

Either that or they're going to through Worner through the middle, he's played there at Peel right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back