Prediction Changes: Round 21 Vs Brisbane Lions + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

When cox started in the fwd line, what area was he lacking...do you think he would of addressed that now

Goal kicking. He didn't like the pressure of it
Lol that will be bit of an issue then for those pushing him again to the fwd. Personally, not sure his larconic style would suit being a fwd..

Probably has but don't think out of the backs he is not one really lay a tackle. Maybe I never thought about it, as I'm more accustomed seeing him intercept mark

Lol that will be bit of an issue then for those pushing him again to the fwd. Personally, not sure his larconic style would suit being a fwd..

Probably has but don't think out of the backs he is not one really lay a tackle. Maybe I never thought about it, as I'm more accustomed seeing him intercept mark
He got reasonably good at the goal -kicking in the end he just didn't like it.
If we have room for an extra tall forward it should be Tabs when ready imo. No doubt that will set a few off on here.

We should NEVER play three KPDs unless Luke Ryan is out injured.

Unless you want to drop Pearce (lol after last week) or play forward Cox forward, dropping Hamling is the only option.

Whilst I don't think he's part of our plans next year I wouldn't read much into him not playing this week.
I'm almost certain we tried the Pearce, Cox, Ryan, Logue combo last year in the back line and it was garbage from memory.

I'm almost certain we tried the Pearce, Cox, Ryan, Logue combo last year in the back line and it was garbage from memory.

Logue was more likely to work than Hamling too.

From memory it actually worked really well when we had the ideal match up for Logue (Curnow and J.Cameron). But it wasn’t sustainable when the right match ups weren’t there so Logue eventually got pushed out of the back six most weeks.

From memory it actually worked really well when we had the ideal match up for Logue (Curnow and J.Cameron). But it wasn’t sustainable when the right match ups weren’t there so Logue eventually got pushed out of the back six most weeks.
Logue always worked much better on smaller forwards in my opinion.

Wonderful contribution, we definitely need more of this on here, thanks for that
Well when you make sweeping statements like Clarke is going to be dropped-when in reality there would be at least 10 in front of him in the cue to be dropped.
Probably been our most consistent defender this year (along with Ryan)and consistently puts his body on the line-is prone to the odd brainfart but generally tries to make things happen

Clark hasn't been nearly as effective as last year.
I've got a sneaky feeling we will be in this game up to our eyeballs
Yep
And I’m hoping Clarke’s turnaround is going to be the catalyst
Just feels

Sucks for Hamling, but he won't be here come next year so there's not much point if Cox is ready.
He should be.
Feel like Pearce and Hamling got in the swing of things which made Pearce the interceptor and peel off.
Cox, for me, just seems too chill and relies on Ryan for intercepting, cutting down his match up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what people expected. Cox is hardly going to play at peel is he?
Hamling was a decent stopgap but that it.
What were the club supposed to do - play hamling instead of Cox? Brennans manager would barely have finished his afternoon coffee before the Adelaide list manager would have been flashing up on his phone.
You don’t start thinking short term when there’s 4 games left in the season and you are sitting 15th place.

Not sure what people expected. Cox is hardly going to play at peel is he?
Hamling was a decent stopgap but that it.
What were the club supposed to do - play hamling instead of Cox? Brennans manager would barely have finished his afternoon coffee before the Adelaide list manager would have been flashing up on his phone.
You don’t start thinking short term when there’s 4 games left in the season and you are sitting 15th place.
I would at least hope they considered dropping Hughes to keep Hamling in, Hughes is playing the Chapman role that Hamling could also fill, and Hamling’s decision making with ball in hand is on par with Hughes.
It will be interesting to see who Hughes lines up on this week, if it’s Gunston, I reckon Hammer would have been the better choice.

From memory Logue was a 🥔 Sorry, Logue is a 🥔

Meh, We will get in the mid battle, and lose to bigger better bodies.

Our forwards will struggle again,

Game,

IF
Neale, and Hogan were still at Freo

THEN
They would be a chance for an upset.

Thanks to the Port loss the Lions are now playing for second spot
Sadly we have already been to that well and it failed to inspire us to enhanced performance focus our game show up ... naturally we are hoping it will work this time but there is a distince lack of confidence as to which Lions will show up this afternoon and an awareness that we may just be overwhelmed by your purple horde...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back