Prediction Changes: Round 13 Vs Richmond + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we lost experience in the middle and are coming up against a mature midfield it makes sense to move Aish in there and bring in the inexperienced player to the wing, rather than chuck another kid into the midfield.

I'd assume if Brodie was fit Henry would still be at Peel this week. Looking forward to seeing how he goes

I don't really see how Henry fits into the team regardless? Whose spot would he take? Even if he plays well we'll have Walters, Darcy, and JOM coming back.

Basil will be commentating this weekend

throw up team america GIF
You're joking? Surely. Thought this dude got fired from channel 7 years ago?

Look at absolutely any literature on body dysmorphia. There is a very real situation where they want to gain muscle but won't consume enough to do for fear of losing their low body fat because they are vain about their abs.

It's the same neural pathways as anorexia nervosa.

So again, I was floating a reason why an athlete with a clearly high interest in their body's look might have trouble gaining size - but he has gained size.
It's difficult to impossible to simultaneously bulk up and stay lean, I've tried haha.

Henry in makes a bunch of sense for mine. JOM's role is a receiver who delivers it to the forwards. Henry would be much better suited at this compared to Ras. No doubt it means Aish plays more in the centre too. Looking forward to seeing how Sturt goes with Nev and Treacy after all their experience playing together last year at Peel.

Would have been nice to get Ras in too but really, it's hard to say Fyfe doesn't deserve first crack at that inside mid role.

Henry in makes a bunch of sense for mine. JOM's role is a receiver who delivers it to the forwards. Henry would be much better suited at this compared to Ras. No doubt it means Aish plays more in the centre too. Looking forward to seeing how Sturt goes with Nev and Treacy after all their experience playing together last year at Peel.

Would have been nice to get Ras in too but really, it's hard to say Fyfe doesn't deserve first crack at that inside mid role.
With Treacy rucking we are going to be second to the ball in the centre. We need big midfielders in there to even the contests. I like Henry on the wing but Aish has been mediocre this season and Tarranto will eat him alive. I hope we rotate Noddy through the centre.

I thought Liam had been playing mid recently and playing really well rather than wing / forward?

If thats the case and we have seen a turnaround in his football as a direct result then i do not see why he shouldn't be selected.
They played him in the middle against WC probably because he wasnt going to get anything playing on the wing against them. Think it was to build on some contested stuff. He's been playing the wing / forward role outside that.

He's coming in as the third wing as they move Johnson into JOM's role and Aish will take a little bit of inside time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Treacy rucking we are going to be second to the ball in the centre. We need big midfielders in there to even the contests. I like Henry on the wing but Aish has been mediocre this season and Tarranto will eat him alive. I hope we rotate Noddy through the centre.
It's possible they'll use Aish to tag Taranto. They've done that before.

The merits of Henry's inclusion aside, people suggesting that Erasmus is going to leave to Eagles because he can't crack a senior game here? Jesus we'd be better off without him if that was his attitude, which I'm sure it isn't.
Agreed. Erasmus would be in line for more games. Is second emergency for this game (behind sub Walters). He just needs to keep doing what he has been doing for Peel and his chance will come.

Big games for Sturt and Henry. Play well and with the return of Darcy, JOM (and Walters) they need to make it difficult for selection committee not to drop them back to Peel.

I honestly reckon we are going to lack a bit of muscle and mettle around the ball tomorrow. Particularly if it’s wet. You look at that Tigers squad and it’s chock full of in and under wet weather battlers. I’ll stand to be corrected on Henry (or even sit if I like), but if the rain comes in like it’s forecast to, a couple of skinny flankers might not cut it.

I honestly reckon we are going to lack a bit of muscle and mettle around the ball tomorrow. Particularly if it’s wet. You look at that Tigers squad and it’s chock full of in and under wet weather battlers. I’ll stand to be corrected on Henry (or even sit if I like), but if the rain comes in like it’s forecast to, a couple of skinny flankers might not cut it.
I feel like we are 1 inside mid short.

I'd drop 1 of Henry or Sturt for Erasmus.

Anyone remember the wet games last year? GC and pies wasn't it? Didnt we get outworked and out muscled in both games when we were otherwise in form.

The Gold Coast game was played in very unusual, almost monsoonal, conditions that the Suns were better able to adapt to. As proven later in the season, Collingwood were simply a better side when the two teams met at Optus.

I don't think it's fair at all. In the same game he ran through a pack the slotted the goal from 40? Why not pick that one data point?
Sure pick on the depth of his set shot kicking. It's poor, but everybody has snaps come up short even from quite close. Shultz did it just last game.

If Henry opts for another one of his “ make it look difficult and flashy “ reverse dribble kick goal attempts when he could just go straight at the goal, he should be marched out the door.
It is difficult enough to get a chance to kick on goal in AFL as it is.
Just eliminate the low % lairizing. Ya just not good enough, son.

Anyone remember the wet games last year? GC and pies wasn't it? Didnt we get outworked and out muscled in both games when we were otherwise in form.
The Pies were a lot better last year than the current Richmond side, this is the Tigers of 2023 not the dominant one a few years ago.

Hang on what's all this we're one inside mid short / Aish has to take a large number of rotations? The side is better balanced now. 4 inside mids = 75% tog. You play 5 and at least one has to play a substantial amount of the game in another position. Sturt is going to take fyfe and omereas forward minutes this week.

If we weren't still in with a decent shake this season you'd probably carry Ras in the team for development but since he's still long way from his peak it's not really justifiable.

Going foward too I don't see we can play 5 inside mids particularly in light of Jackson's pure clearance mid chops.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back