Pos:
Brayshaw stepped up with Serong getting tagged
Peirce had his best game this year
Jackson looked pretty good

Neg:
Serong getting tagged
Horrific stoppages in the 1st half
Reverting back to slow stodgy play in the second half

Can't see us taking it to the Swans/Cats but we beat the Demons there off 2 losses and a s**t first half last year. Stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Great decision to move Hughes back. Thought he was good.
O'Driscoll is running very well 14.9 kms, Serong 14.6, Pearce, 14.4 and Young 14.3

I think we ran out of run in the last quarter. Don't think we are fit enough.

Need to fix our centre clearance work. It was shocking, and we can't win many games unless we can fix this issue.

So may positives in tonight's game.

Firstly how good was it to have a game against an undermanned team around the same age and experience as us and get a big win. A confidence building win.

Secondly, the young fellas in Jackson, Amiss, Erasmus, Walker, Driz! How good to see them all playing well together. Many more to come and can't wait for Jonno to join them.

Thirdly, easy to see that our gameplan is quick and attacking if we're allowed to apply it. Too often this year against older, bigger and more experienced opponents we haven't been able to apply it leading to unfair criticism of our coaches.

Lastly, there was a lot of angst about Hughes and Banfield getting a game this week and I think both did their job. Proving once again that the coaches really do know better than us.

Once we get our best out there and develop together we'll be good again. It'll take awhile but we'll get there as shown tonight. Onwards and upwards.

We officially have a 100% winrate during British coronations, I don't like the royal family but I like this stat!
We would be good in occasions that only happen every few decades

Could tell the intensity was there.. Seemed switched on.. Liked the look of the forward line in first quarter... If we can win the stoppages and especially the middle and get it moving, banfield and our forwards will kick a winning score..

Didn't like how in the 2nd quarter they diverged from what they were doing in the first quarter.. But we were getting smashed in the centre at the time..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back