Brad Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's the equivalent age profile & talent of Hill for you guys?

From the same draft we got:
Crozier
Sheridan
Foster
Neale

Seems to me Bradley has got himself in a bit of strife being away from his family in Melbourne. They've informed Hawthorn that he would like to come back to Freo where he has support to get things back on track.

We would love to have him but wont compromise our list model to pay for it. Im sure Hawks would love to keep him but if they can't get reasonable value then he will stay. My guess is we are in a slightly stronger bargaining position than them. But neither club will be too phased if it doesn't work out.

How about Tucker? Last year pick about 20s. Not sure how he is rated by freo but a victorian kid worth about what theyd like in terms of last years draft position.

Maybe Langdon another vic kid has some value maybe get Collingwood involved.

Otherwise we dont have much else to give short of praying that mayne or clarke bring back some kind of value via compensation picks.

I have it on good authority that the Hawks have been looking to offload Hill since February for reasons that don't relate to his abilities as a footballer.

The Eagles are definitely not interested so i would be offering unders - maybe just our third rounder and some steak knives.

I have it on good authority that the Hawks have been looking to offload Hill since February for reasons that don't relate to his abilities as a footballer.

The Eagles are definitely not interested so i would be offering unders - maybe just our third rounder and some steak knives.
I thought the police decided not to press charges against any Hawthorn players for the alleged sexual assault.

This wouldn't surprise me, the Hawks don't lose players they want to keep, Buddy being the obvious exception!

Young kids are signing contract extensions very quickly. At the end of the day they're just kids. To hold them to ransom is pathetic. Our offer of 2 first rounders was really a ridiculous price to pay for any player.

I mean Franklin went for pick 19? So GWS just play hardball to suit their agenda. They'd easily let a player go and did it last year with several blokes if it suits them.
Buddy went for pick 19, 10 million dollars, and a trade ban :D

Based on what?
Bond arrived in 2008. Who did we sell the farm to get?

If anything Bond has gone hard in the other direction to try rid Freo of the reputation we had of being suckers at the trade trade table. That's why we've struggled to get a few deals over the line since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again if true why offer anything? Why do I somehow think Freo are going to be the bad guys in this deal.

If a team wants to unload a player for off field issues, then basically they're saying we're sacking you. To try and demand worth now would be crazy for us to bend over.

The more I like the sounds of Bennell, Yarran, Hill and McCarthy the more I'm getting concerned by our screening process.

Interesting times ahead.

Once again if true why offer anything? Why do I somehow think Freo are going to be the bad guys in this deal.

If a team wants to unload a player for off field issues, then basically they're saying we're sacking you. To try and demand worth now would be crazy for us to bend over.

The more I like the sounds of Bennell, Yarran, Hill and McCarthy the more I'm getting concerned by our screening process.

Interesting times ahead.

I tend to agree, B. Hill doesn't really fit what we need from a football perspective, and there are definitely a few question marks regarding his character.

I don't see why we should feel obliged to offer up a market rate for a commodity we don't particularly require.

If anything Bond has gone hard in the other direction to try rid Freo of the reputation we had of being suckers at the trade trade table. That's why we've struggled to get a few deals over the line since then.
We offered overs for mcarthy and gws wouldn't budge, if they had of taken it we would still be in same position we are now but without pick 3 and everyone on here would be bagging his recruitment as a bad trade

pick 3 is goingh
We offered overs for mcarthy and gws wouldn't budge, if they had of taken it we would still be in same position we are now but without pick 3 and everyone on here would be bagging his recruitment as a bad trade

Very true, people would be baying for blood if we got McCarthy and had lost those picks! In fact, I would want to shoot someone

Would have been the worst trade in recent history! this is the danger with dealing with future picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back