Summer RIO 2016 - Cycling (Track and Road) 11th to 16th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think he was going to medal even without the mechanical. just think he went too fast too early. who knows. those time gaps for Froome/D look big so perhaps it did.

CANCELLARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didnt think the course would suit him. u would think he has it.

Cost him bronze, he was never going to beat fab, but he easily would have lost 20 seconds with the change which would have been good enough for bronze

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 CANCELLARA Fabian 15:12.88
2 DENNIS Rohan 15:13.55
3 THOMAS Geraint 15:18.74
4 DUMOULIN Tom 15:27.35
5 MARTIN Tony 15:28.87
6 CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan 15:31.95
7 FROOME Christopher 15:32.36

1 DENNIS Rohan 28:47.05
2 DUMOULIN Tom 29:03.96
3 CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan 29:08.97
4 CANCELLARA Fabian 29:11.31
5 FROOME Christopher 29:11.69

1 Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland) 48:30.4
2 Rohan Dennis (Australia) 48:48.4
3 Tom Dumoulin (Netherlands) 48:56.2
4 Christopher Froome (Great Britain) 49:03.2

1 CANCELLARA Fabian 1:01:53.65
2 DUMOULIN Tom 1:02:26.09
3 FROOME Christopher1:02:34.98
4 DENNIS Rohan 1:02:46.39 (mech)
5 CASTROVIEJO NICOLAS Jonathan 1:02:49.14

1 Fabian Cancellara (Switzerland) 1:12:15.42
2 Tom Dumoulin (Netherlands) 1:13:02.83
3 Christopher Froome (Great Britain) 1:13:17.54
4 Jonathan Castroviejo Nicolas (Spain) 1:13:21.50
5 Rohan Dennis (Australia) 1:13:25.66

i missed the rounds of the teams sprint. heard the mens have done wonderfully to make the bronze medal race. good effort.

Womens team pursuit must be disappointed with that time. way off the 2 favs. they should be up there. they have ridden 3:15 before and in the 2 years since, they have digressed massively.

here is the mens pursuit. saw the danes. think it was Hansen from the Omnium who basically got them to the finishing line. he showed great form.

WR nearly fell for the brits. no surprise the time. the winning time will be under 3:50. Aus should match them by finishing 2nd.

i missed the rounds of the teams sprint. heard the mens have done wonderfully to make the bronze medal race. good effort.

Womens team pursuit must be disappointed with that time. way off the 2 favs. they should be up there. they have ridden 3:15 before and in the 2 years since, they have digressed massively.

here is the mens pursuit. saw the danes. think it was Hansen from the Omnium who basically got them to the finishing line. he showed great form.

WR nearly fell for the brits. no surprise the time. the winning time will be under 3:50. Aus should match them by finishing 2nd.
Or not

3rd!!!!!

agree with Phil. they still should beat the danes. but that was too close to 4th and a bad run. if they were going by a schedule, then it was way too risky. we went 3.52 in the world champs, so the brits have(not surprising) improved.

i should mention that the danes time was fantastic.

I was speaking to one of team GBs physios in sao Paolo a week ago and she told me the bikes they're using are very advanced and helped significantly with times. She said they had trouble with the bikes early but the problems are sorted and GB were very confident with them.

unlucky for the mens sprint. they did well to get to the bronze round.

what do the brits take for the Olympics. they show nothing in world champs but turn into superstars at the Olympics. every single danm time.

pepsi make sense from the above. they did this in london. its really annoying. they shouldnt be this dominate.

Last edited:
unlucky for the mens sprint. they do well to get to the bronze round.

what do the brits take for the Olympics. they show nothing in world champs but turn into superstars at the Olympics. every single danm time.

pepsi make sense from the above. they did this in london. its really annoying. they shouldnt be this dominate.
Yeah it does seem a bit strange last year the got 0 gold at the World Championships, now Olympics year and they are unbeatable again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back