Review Round 22, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cutler with 24 disposals, 5 rebound 50's, 5 inside 50's and a goal highlights his value as a HBF who uses his dash and carry to provide drive going forward:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Robbo with 22 disposals, 14 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 7 tackles and a goal:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Harris Andrews 9 marks:thumbsu:

Merrett with 7 1%'s for old times sake! He also had 7 marks, 5 tackles and 8 rebound 50's:hearts::hearts:

Rich was solid with 24 touches, 13 contested, 7 clearances, 7 tackles, 5 inside 50's and 2 goals:thumbsu:

Matho with 19 possessions(11 contested), 4 marks, 9 clearances, 4 tackles and a great goal after ruffling Selwood's feathers:hearts::hearts:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Selwood get hoodwinked by a first year player and then have a sook about it was worth the price of admission

This is your legacy joel, own it

Last edited:
Given the year we've had I think the second quarter today was the most fun I had watching us play this year. Mathieson is so fun and I loved him getting into Selwood. Some good performances from the younger brigade. We must get fitter and stronger in the off-season because that seems to be an obvious way we can improve. Cutler could develop into the best player on our list. He brings so much to the table with his big boot. Keays has great endeavour and should develop into a quality player. Andrews is quality and will be better next year when he is over his groin issues. Even Squizzy looked lively today.

Watching Selwood get hoodwinked by a first year player and then have a soolot about it was worth the price of admission

Instead of talking about the game at halftime we had to endure an expose on him.

Cutler with 24 disposals, 5 rebound 50's, 50 inside 50's and a goal highlights his value as a HBF who uses his dash and carry to provide drive going forward:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Robbo with 22 disposals, 14 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 7 tackles and a goal:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Harris Andrews 9 marks:thumbsu:

Merrett with 7 1%'s for old times sake! He also had 7 marks, 5 tackles and 8 rebound 50's:hearts::hearts:

Rich was solid with 24 touches, 13 contested, 7 clearances, 7 tackles, 5 inside 50's and 2 goals:thumbsu:

Matho with 19 possessions(11 contested), 4 marks, 9 clearances, 4 tackles and a great goal after ruffling Selwood's feathers:hearts::hearts:
Now there's something to get you excited.

I feel genuinely content after that game. Geelong had to play good footy to win today. I reckon that's the best a team has played at the Gabba for a few years.

Biggest single positive was Tom Cutler's game. Today he was exactly what we wanted him to be. Great to see him standing up in a good quality game of footy, hopefully a springboard to a more consistent 2017.

Andrews and Mathieson other positives.

Watching Selwood get hoodwinked by a first year player and then have a sook about it was worth the price of admission

cOxros.gif

Well good on you.

Would still have Mathieson in the team ahead of Selwood.

Back