Review Round 22, 2016 - Brisbane Lions vs Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrews was superb at the start when it was tough.

Cutler, Matho and Mayes all had great games.

Happy that as a young, inexperienced team we were able to turn it into a contest almost solely through determination and physicality in the 2nd. Says a lot about the grit of the group.

Got emmmmmmmm

Incredible with all those stats he still couldn't deal with being hoodwinked by a bit of talk from an 18 year old kid. Says a lot.

Times towelled by first year players: At least 1

• AFL Renowned Sook: (2007-current)

Given the year we've had I think the second quarter today was the most fun I had watching us play this year. Mathieson is so fun and I loved him getting into Selwood. Some good performances from the younger brigade. We must get fitter and stronger in the off-season because that seems to be an obvious way we can improve. Cutler could develop into the best player on our list. He brings so much to the table with his big boot. Keays has great endeavour and should develop into a quality player. Andrews is quality and will be better next year when he is over his groin issues. Even Squizzy looked lively today.
The second qtr was great. I can't understand how we drop back down to 2nd gear & start thumbing around with it. Is it in the head, are we all just not match fit...

The second qtr was great. I can't understand how we drop back down to 2nd gear & start thumbing around with it. Is it in the head, are we all just not match fit...

Head got to be a huge part of of it imo. I think/hope the addition of a psychologist will do wonders for us next year.

We hand balled too much in the 2d half. We were using the ball by foot a lot more today, but with shorter leads. This allowed us to retain some ball control, but once we start hand balling we get pressured too easy.

We lack match fitness as a team. A lot of tired skinny bodies still. Bell was great to have back just for that experienced fit developed body. He made mistakes and as always is no elite player but he had an imact coming back in.

We need more talented mids. Matho is gonna be a jet. He is a very smart player and despite being slight and in his first year he has great hands.

I feel genuinely content after that game. Geelong had to play good footy to win today. I reckon that's the best a team has played at the Gabba for a few years.

Biggest single positive was Tom Cutler's game. Today he was exactly what we wanted him to be. Great to see him standing up in a good quality game of footy, hopefully a springboard to a more consistent 2017.

Andrews and Mathieson other positives.

Good post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really need to stop bringing opposition fans to the game. Although the six-year-old was adorable as six-year-olds are (Now I'm clucky again and I know that I can't have any!).

LOVE Beast Mode! Especially watching him get Selwood in a tizzy, that was a highlight. Josh Clayton, while not setting the world on fire didn't disgrace himself either - at least he knows how to shepard after a disposal.

Thank goodness footy season is almost over, I can't take much more of this.

We can compare notes when our boy has had a 9yr career like Selwood has..

..until then, keep your gloating on your own board.

Trolling, trolling, trolling, keep on trolling trolling (sing to Raw Hide theme)

Troy is a better bloke.

Did Hanley shove Cutler while telling what to do midway through the first quarter?

Whatever it went on it didn't look good, my twelve year old daughter was appalled and asked "what did he do that for?"

Yep, was shocked when it happened. His body language, along with Rockliff's has been pissing me off lately.

Was so surprised when Rocky called for the ball to run into an open goal, rather than have Hipwood go back, or even have the first gamer in Clayton kick it.

Did Hanley shove Cutler while telling what to do midway through the first quarter?

Whatever it went on it didn't look good, my twelve year old daughter was appalled and asked "what did he do that for?"

Torn tbh. First though is that doesn't look good. Then in the second quarter Tom tears it up and I think, "maybe that was okay?"

Beastmode gets a free against Duckwood, gives Joely some lip and makes him cry.

Then slots the goal from 50 and makes Joely cry again.

Haven't had that much fun at the footy for years.:D Worth the price of admission itself

Matho for PM and next captain of the Brisbane Lions:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Back