Autopsy Grand Final 2016 - all discussion in here and nowhere else

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had the pleasure of watching the full replay. That was the worst grand final umpiring performance I have seen. How many times were the Dogs allowed to slide in and take the legs? How many marks were not paid? How many soft frees did they get when we literally needed JPK to get fly kicked in the chest in order to win a free?

I'm genuinely happy for he dogs faithful and think they played out of their skins. But it would have been really nice to be given a chance..

I thought we were right in it until the play when I think Papley had the ball on the back flank and kick it into the man on the mark? There was series of pressure acts from the Dogs which ended up with Picken goal. Heart sank at that point.

Agreed. And from that point every time they kicked a point we went straight up the guts. I knew then that we must have doubted our ability to kick a score from normal play.

But the papley kick was again a function of not going with the first option and then just going up the line. He had free players on but didn't release it straight away.

Fully expect us to be in the hunt again next year. im not convinced the bullies are a better team than us.

Ok, they didnt play well but my hat goes off to hanners and bud. Incredibly #brave to come back on. Dont be surprised if both are not fot for round 1.

Jones can also hold head high, did not stop trying all day. His intensity at EVERY contest is sensational. I see him as a future captain if he sticks around

This is a great club. Great players, great attitude. Great management.

But we're a Sydney club fighting to win in a small-minded Victorian focussed competition.
The umpiring today was as close to cheating as you will ever see.

One day AFL will truly be a national game.
But it will take a few years - after today.

Don't blame the players. Hard to keep putting in effort after effort to just be penalised again and again. They never gave up. They were not meant to win. But this has happened all year - especially at the SCG.

When the VFL becomes the AFL, we will win again.

CtrQ4eKVUAAxg7Z.jpg
CtrQ4eKVUAAxg7Z.jpg

So do we little Reg.

Just had the pleasure of watching the full replay. That was the worst grand final umpiring performance I have seen. How many times were the Dogs allowed to slide in and take the legs? How many marks were not paid? How many soft frees did they get when we literally needed JPK to get fly kicked in the chest in order to win a free?

I'm genuinely happy for he dogs faithful and think they played out of their skins. But it would have been really nice to be given a chance..
You will also have the pleasure of watching the umpiring department rolling out its typical Monday performance assessment and say that technically each decision 'was' or 'wasn't' there and that the umps performed to expectation and had no adverse effect on the game.

Fully expect us to be in the hunt again next year. im not convinced the bullies are a better team than us.

Ok, they didnt play well but my hat goes off to hanners and bud. Incredibly #brave to come back on. Dont be surprised if both are not fot for round 1.

Jones can also hold head high, did not stop trying all day. His intensity at EVERY contest is sensational. I see him as a future captain if he sticks around

They've beaten us 3 times on the spin. It's got to count for something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joined 2015 and posted over 10,000 times - pretty sure most of them are crap and that's another. Mental & emotional short people flock together. The joys of bf - See ya in a very long time.
The only point I made is that I think we will struggle against teams with speedy midfields as it stands. I expect that we'd be around the mark next year again, we'll need to add some speed over the offseason though.

Anyway, if my posting in some way doesn't sit well with you then you're perfectly free to use the ignore function.

Im desdraught . Im devestasted. I Cant function. I cant believe we didn't show up AGAIN

Disagree mate. We weren't w on fire but the dogs played well. Break even with the umps and we win.

Reg and rampe were exceptional

The nucuelous is there

Papley tried so hard and nothing worked

For me its a guy like mcglynn past it

Lloyd tries his guts out so i feel bad but he is just a nothing player, no impact, he could get 40 touches and who cares

What the hell lets go through the list

Mcveigh- 3 what was his role? Drifted around doing nothing, but i did think in the last he lifted
Hannebery 5- probably suffered a lot from poor umpiring esepcially injury, wasnt at his best imo
Heeney- 6 i thought he made his touches count and defence was real good
Mitchell 8 he was one our best imo, we cant lose him
Tippett 5 he had a crack in the second half and tried but his impact forward post injury is 0
Jones- 7 he stood up today
Laidler- 4 bit like lloyd dont doubt the effort but what impact does it have
Kennedy - 9.9 he wants to win no doubt, guy is a gun
Mills 3- had a mare was out of practice, only had a quarter of finals experience i feel for him a bit
Jack 6 courage and had an impact at times
Rohan 1 he is a grand final flop, i love garry but may as well of gone off v the crows and not come back
Mcglynn 1- goodbye you dont get a flag just because you missed out in 2012 you had two chances now
Franklin 6 even crippled he tackled hard and looked likely, tippett and him got in each others way
Rampe 8 played a great game, one lack of awareness,
Parker 5 just doesnt live up to it in big games, rather lose him than mitchell, second in the brownlow woopie doo
Hewett 6 his defence is good, goal good, tackles well, doesnt get much of it, but does his job i expect less from him than say parker
Naismith 6 solid game again
Grundy 8 great game reg
Smith 7 did his job and kicked a goal
Papley 5 went ok, just needed to hit the scoreboard, dumb moment in the last
Richards 4 he could of had some moments, looked lost
I agree with Mitchell v Parker. I'd have Mitchell ahead of Parker. Both are plodders but Mitchell can get the ball and feed it out to Omeara who replaces Parker :). I don't know what I'm saying, but I think Mitchell is better than Parker
Sorry swans fans for the invasion but as a neutral I don't want to take away from the dogs who were the best finals team and exceptional. So have to post somewhere.

But the umpiring today was a total joke. Biased. There is simply no other way to describe it. Maybe like the subi phenomenon, the crowd, occasion who knows but swans were absolutely torched. One of those who knows what the scores are at half time if umpired properly. Nothing will happen. Footy world too caught up in bulldogs mania and a swans complaint looks like sour grapes.
Thanks mate. Really appreciate those thoughts. Can't blame umpires for the loss because the Doggies were great and deserved the win. Just sometimes you gotta ask the question...
WTF?

I feel empty. Now I know how an arty farty who doesn't follow sport feels like when someone sneezes on their favourite painting and they replace it with a piece of cardboard.
Newsflash. Turns out they replaced the cardboard with a picture of a smug Peter Gordon. Things just went from looking empty to looking like absolute ****ING ****!

Him, Eddie and Fitzpatrick can all go and have a fun time with the Stevic family.

You will also have the pleasure of watching the umpiring department rolling out its typical Monday performance assessment and say that technically each decision 'was' or 'wasn't' there and that the umps performed to expectation and had no adverse effect on the game.

Unlike Collingwood players, I don't waste time on criminals. And those umpires should be jailed for that fraud.

Im desdraught . Im devestasted. I Cant function. I cant believe we didn't show up AGAIN
I don't really think it was a matter of the team not showing up, certain individuals arguably didn't show up. Think the effort was there but the execution wasn't, the problem was the Dogs brought both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back