Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

We the only team where a backman has won the b & f ? I'm guessing yes.
Geel - Danger
Pies - Pendles
Dogs - Bont
W.C. -Shuey
Swans - Kennedy

Says alot about our lack of a++ midfielders or we value defensive aspects more ?

You beat me to the punchline H.............then on top of Goldsteins SidB last year, says a lot about our playing list and lack of quality in our midfield.

We the only team where a backman has won the b & f ? I'm guessing yes.
Geel - Danger
Pies - Pendles
Dogs - Bont
W.C. -Shuey
Swans - Kennedy

Says alot about our lack of a++ midfielders or we value defensive aspects more ?

You are right H, but I do think Taz was by far our best player this year and it is about time a defender got recognised in the AFL (anywhere). In fact I think Tarrant's margin could have been greater.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic reward for someone who has needed amazing resilience to overcome an injury plagued career. Let's hope he can keep fit and playing as well as he did in 2017!

What a remarkable effort from Robbie! It was a massive achievement for him to chalk up his 50th game last year, forget about BnFs and All Australians. In the space of 40 odd games of football he has gone from bottom 10 to top 5 on our list. I certainly underestimated what he was capable of. He would have to be in the frame for captaincy discussions, and seems like a great role model and authority figure for our younger players.

Anyone writing off Garner in particular need only look to this guy to see what is possible. Bloody great stuff Robbie and NMFC, a huge win all round on this one.

All credit to Robbie. The main reason he is now a Syd Barker Medallist and one of the best defenders in the game is his hard work and dedication through extreme adversity.

I reckon we are about to see some of the best play from a North defender ever over the next few years.

Vindication.

It's not the end of the summit so he must back it up.

Reckon he will.
He most certainly will IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back