Recommitted Steven Motlop

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're telling me Geelong will land Deledio AND Tuohy, without giving up a player.

Player is pretty broad. We'll give up Kersten, Vardy and maybe some other squad players like Lang or Murdoch but I doubt we'll give up a best 22 player unless they request a trade. Not overly keen on selling Motlop either, his stock is at an all time low but when he's on he's a fantastic player. I swear Eddie Betts was seen as a finals bottler at one stage. It means little IMO.

What about Tigers swap Deledio and 27 for Caddy and Motlop will relieve cap space for the Cats think it's unders but don't know how much the cats want to move on Motlop.

Player is pretty broad. We'll give up Kersten, Vardy and maybe some other squad players like Lang or Murdoch but I doubt we'll give up a best 22 player unless they request a trade. Not overly keen on selling Motlop either, his stock is at an all time low but when he's on he's a fantastic player. I swear Eddie Betts was seen as a finals bottler at one stage. It means little IMO.

LOL...at how you expect to trade in two good players, but expect to only part with fringe to discarded players.

Motlop is way overpriced and overpaid.

Caddy is going to the Tigers for Deledio and a swap of late picks lock it in!

Is it correct that Motlop is on over $600k pa? Wow!

Looking at his awards, I suppose it was a good effort to win the coach's award one year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not correct. But richmond wanted to pay him 700,000 plus last year.

Out of contract at the time. The $ value would have allowed Tigers to force Geelong to take unders in a trade offer as at that money he realistically would have survived in the pre season draft to the Tiges pick. Pay overs at Salary level and minimise draft impact. Once he's contracted the incentive to pay that much for him dries up. Geelong forced to pay more than they would have preferred because the offer was on the table.

This guy must seriously stink. North and Tigers willing to give up a high draft pick for him last year but no club wants to touch him this year.

This guy must seriously stink. North and Tigers willing to give up a high draft pick for him last year but no club wants to touch him this year.

Poor finals cost him a bit of cash you'd think. In any case, I'm ok with him sticking around with something to prove to get a big deal next year. At the end of the day he's one of 3 players to average over 19 touches a game whilst kicking 35 for the year in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back