Brushes with fame

Remove this Banner Ad

I once saw Geoffrey Rush on Australia Day at the tennis, and I was a bit pissed, and I was wearing a blue terry towelling type "Australia" hat with a map of Australia on it, kind of like this one -

image_21755.jpg

So, he's walking up the aisle to leave and I'm on the end seat as he walks up. I notice him as he gets near and blurt out, "you're Geoffrey Rush!"

He looks at me with anxiety, so I calm him down by taking off my hat and saying, "would you like my hat?"

He looks at the hat, looks at me, looks back at the hat and in his nasally voice says, "no thanks mate... you keep it."

And that was that.

I should've screamed, "you think you're better than me????!!!!!"

That's a joke btw. But he did kick 7 goals in the GF but i wasnt playing on him. Darcy Byrne-Jones' brother asked the coach that week if he could tag him which I'm pretty sure the coach said no to. We lost by 9 goals and Son of SOS is best on

We didn't lose a game all season, lost to them twice in the finals and drew with them in round 1

I once saw Geoffrey Rush on Australia Day at the tennis, and I was a bit pissed, and I was wearing a blue terry towelling type "Australia" hat with a map of Australia on it, kind of like this one -

image_21755.jpg

So, he's walking up the aisle to leave and I'm on the end seat as he walks up. I notice him as he gets near and blurt out, "you're Geoffrey Rush!"

He looks at me with anxiety, so I calm him down by taking off my hat and saying, "would you like my hat?"

He looks at the hat, looks at me, looks back at the hat and in his nasally voice says, "no thanks mate... you keep it."

And that was that.

I really giggled at this story for some reason

image_21755.jpg

And that was that.

Story checks out.

I once sat in front of Scott Fisher (of North Melbourne Giants and Perth Wildcats fame) at the cinema for a screening of Talladega Nights. Thankfully he wasn't sitting in front of me as I wouldn't have been able to see a thing, he had a really loud and annoying laugh though.

Through a friend in Mashville I have spent time with the guy whose band supported the Beatles on their US tour.

He also worked with Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris.

Mashville? I assume you mean Nashville.

Only if he likes one of your posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Malthouse has been in my house before supposedly, although that was according to my dad and he hasn't told me that story since I was way younger and more gullible, so I'm not entirely sure if it's true or not.

I shook Geoff Ablett's hand once. Gary Sr had come into my work a fair bit a while back, but I never saw him myself.

Gary Ablett Snr's lovely- very nice when I asked him for an autograph. (circa when both his sons played for Geelong at KP)

I shook John Brumby's hand- he asked me a question I had NFI how to answer (literally had just started working at the school and was filling in for someone on LSL). That was a great experience all round, looking like an idiot in front of the Premier.

ITT: people dont know what friendship is

It's just become another famous people spotting thread which isn't surprising as not many people here would actually be friends with a famous person.

Famous people tend to move in different circles to us non famous commoners and are usually just friends with other famous people, it's like a secret society.

Does receiving a letter from Santa get me any credit?

I hate to break it to you mate but Santa isn't real, I found that out myself a couple of years ago and was devastated.

Funny Santa has come up- a workmates daughter didn't realise Santa wasn't real until she was in Year 9 srs.

o_O

I can't remember exactly when I stopped believing Santa was real but it was definitely before Year 7 as the Year 7s had to write letters pretending to be Santa back to the Year 1s and Year 2s who had written letters to Santa and left them in a special post box in the school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back