Women's Footy Brisbane Lions Women's Team - Official Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? This is what the women's afl team discussion thread is turning into? Not surprising but disappointing nonetheless
Footballers looks/dating lives have always been discussed. Making it a taboo subject for the women's comp is as sexist as a discussion that devolved into mothing but rating the players looks.

All things in moderation.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Footballers looks/dating lives have always been discussed. Making it a taboo subject for the women's comp is as sexist as a discussion that devolved into mothing but rating the players looks.

Maybe start a thread on the WA board?
Not sure sexist means what you think it means.

it would seem that the definition of moderation is significantly different in this case given the ratio of such comments in this thread compared to such topics in other threads relating to the men's team.

i haven't read much on whether we are a chance to win the flag.

who are the favorites or has the talent been spread very evenly?

is it a 4 team finals format?

it would seem that the definition of moderation is significantly different in this case given the ratio of such comments in this thread compared to such topics in other threads relating to the men's team.
So, they should be talking more about the games, or performance on the track?

You do not think a mild discussion about the high profile player who has basically just done a catwalk is proportional?

Wait until there is something real to discuss, and see if people discuss it before deciding on sexism.

When the Fitzroy Lion returned on the jumper I can remember everyone talking about how the player who modelled it basically did a catwalk and should mate with a tall brunette because the Firebirds need young players and the female posters on this board spoke about the crush that they had on him.

i haven't read much on whether we are a chance to win the flag.

who are the favorites or has the talent been spread very evenly?

is it a 4 team finals format?

Strongest states are Vic, WA, Qld, in that order. Vic players are split four ways. WA talent has been depleted by everyone taking their players are marquees. We're certainly in with a shot. GWS and Adelaide are the weaker teams.

from my experience women talk just as much about men and their looks and desirability and with a lot of sexual innuendo thrown in there as well.

i would hazard a guess that BF would have a very high percentage of male members, if it was female dominated i would say the discussion would go off on tangents in much the same way.

i have had my say on that, i will stick to football related matters from now on.

So, they should be talking more about the games, or performance on the track?

You do not think a mild discussion about the high profile player who has basically just done a catwalk is proportional?

Wait until there is something real to discuss, and see if people discuss it before deciding on sexism.

So revealing a teams Guernsey is the equivalent of a catwalk? You should go and let schache, Lynch and roger Merrett know

Honesty that's beyond stupid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So revealing a teams Guernsey is the equivalent of a catwalk? You should go and let schache, Lynch and roger Merrett know

Honesty that's beyond stupid
Do you know what the biggest lol about this is.

Someone posted they had a crush on Tayla, and hoped (in a clearly jocular manner), that he was her type.

I said Dustin was her type.

This got called sexism.

Do you know why I said Dustin was her type, she has publicly posted about her crush on him, and how hot he is. Clearly she doesn't know what sexism is either.

It was all locker room banter.

Next time a new jumper is designed and revealed I just won't post about it.

The catwalk that Richard Champion performed with the recent clash jumper design certainly had tongues wagging about potential hook-ups.

Someone posted they had a crush on Tayla, and hoped (in a clearly jocular manner), that he was her type.

This got called sexism.

Do you know why I said Dustin was her type, she has publicly posted about her crush on him, and how hot he is. Clearly she doesn't know what sexism is either.

Leave this thread please bud.

This got called sexism.

This is boring. Stop boring everybody.

So basically there's not gonna be a thread titled "operation get Tay for Phil".

Not that I'd want one, because it would be destined to fail, or in another cruel twist, I'd wind up with Jack Frost.

Anyway apologies for the derailment.

Our kit looks superb on the ladies and I'm actually keen to see how they will go. Does anyone know how often they're going to be broadcast and where?

I think quite a few of the players are being sponsored by different gyms (inc free training) around the place which will help quite a lot with the preseason.

This got called sexism.

You do realise that the first person to mention the words sexism or sexist was yourself right. I never mentioned it, i just said the direction of the discourse was disappointing, nothing about sexism or the like. The fact that you yourself have labelled it sexist speaks volumes

You do realise that the first person to mention the words sexism or sexist was yourself right. I never mentioned it, i just said the direction of the discourse was disappointing, nothing about sexism or the like. The fact that you yourself have labelled it sexist speaks volumes
I think everyone is agreed this convo is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back