AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds of one of the reasons why I'm afraid of no one finding the positives of Live 2

AFL Wii had probably the best camera of any AFL game ever (one where you could see downfield ahead of you without the quick turn of the camera when the ball changed hands)

We get to Live 2 and the default camera is side on like Live 1 and even though the Wii camera is in the game (I'm pretty sure) WW felt the need to change the default to try and replicate Live 1

If WW read these opinions that are all positive for Live 1 then we'll end up with a game that isn't the best possible game it's just a Live 1 replica faults and all

So as you say, WW should have their own vision no doubt and perhaps take on board the positive gameplay aspects of Live 1. I found Live 2 to be very one dimensional in terms of gameplay variations. Only one style of marking, just not a lot of depth. I'm sure they can improve on that for this newie..it would surely be a talking point for them.

the wait for any sort of acknowledgement by Tru Blu or Wicked Witch is killing me :( That LeeWJ bloke from Wicked Witch, is he still on here?

EDIT: Just learnt how to check when they were last active. 7 months ago. Thats annoying :/

the wait for any sort of acknowledgement by Tru Blu or Wicked Witch is killing me :( That LeeWJ bloke from Wicked Witch, is he still on here?

EDIT: Just learnt how to check when they were last active. 7 months ago. Thats annoying :/
Wonder if that coincides with silence contacts? :p

Apologies for my iPhone 4 screenshot (totalled my main phone) but it looks like women will be in the game.

View attachment 309722
Interesting

I wonder if it was a WW decision or the AFL made it a prerequisite

Also it looks like release could be further away than we thought if they're having these photos done with the new guernseys now (although I have no idea what these are for or what the development process is like haha)

I wish they'd give themselves at least one iteration to make sure the core gameplay isn't a dumpster fire before trying to integrate the women's game as well.

Interesting

I wonder if it was a WW decision or the AFL made it a prerequisite

Also it looks like release could be further away than we thought if they're having these photos done with the new guernseys now (although I have no idea what these are for or what the development process is like haha)
Remember the umpire photo?

I'd say these were done at least a few weeks ago.

Just had an idea. I am no expert when it comes to my knowledge of the money involved to make video games, but does it cost much money to produce a new game or is it just the makeup of the new game itself that has the big costs? Is it possible that the title 'AFL Evolution' could suggest that the game will be designed to have yearly updates on disc to save WW unnecessary costs? This way WW could make a better game and have DLC updates each year without extra money spent on production yet charge for the DLC. The classification does suggest online interactivity which is different to AFL Live 2's, caution: game may change online.

Also, I don't think the Women's photo shoot means the game will be delayed as I don't expect too much graphic detail being invested in the Women's game and also when you consider the Women's season is over by the end of March. I am quietly confident the game is going to be a success, as WW wouldn't be adding the Women in game unless they were confident the gameplay and other features were substantial and wouldn't receive backlash.

I agree with Freo 16, the Women's involvement in game must be AFL initiated which makes you wonder if the AFL has provided money to go towards the games development. They might have finally realised the effect a good video game could have on the code's development. They did receive a new 2.5 billion broadcast rights deal remember! Surely they had a spare $100, 000 in their pocket.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had an idea. I am no expert when it comes to my knowledge of the money involved to make video games, but does it cost much money to produce a new game or is it just the makeup of the new game itself that has the big costs? Is it possible that the title 'AFL Evolution' could suggest that the game will be designed to have yearly updates on disc to save WW unnecessary costs? This way WW could make a better game and have DLC updates each year without extra money spent on production yet charge for the DLC. The classification does suggest online interactivity which is different to AFL Live 2's, caution: game may change online.

I think you are giving too much credit to them and in all likelihood, the name "Evolution" is just another already used sports title (see Pro Evolution Soccer) just like "Live" was already another sports title (NBA Live) and they wanted to disassociate themselves from the poor performance of AFL Live 2.

Also, I don't think the Women's photo shoot means the game will be delayed as I don't expect too much graphic detail being invested in the Women's game and also when you consider the Women's season is over by the end of March. I am quietly confident the game is going to be a success, as WW wouldn't be adding the Women in game unless they were confident the gameplay and other features were substantial and wouldn't receive backlash.

I agree with Freo 16, the Women's involvement in game must be AFL initiated which makes you wonder if the AFL has provided money to go towards the games development. They might have finally realised the effect a good video game could have on the code's development. They did receive a new 2.5 billion broadcast rights deal remember! Surely they had a spare $100, 000 in their pocket.
Was thinking the same thing in regards to the AFL potentially investing in this one (FIFA and NBA 2K have almost single handedly raised the profile of these sports in Aus so why the AFL wouldn't see the potential baffles me)

In regards to release date I was kind of hoping for a Christmas release (mainly because I desperately want a new AFL game) but I think this confirms it will probably release in time for the women's league and nab challenge kick off in Feb

Was thinking the same thing in regards to the AFL potentially investing in this one (FIFA and NBA 2K have almost single handedly raised the profile of these sports in Aus so why the AFL wouldn't see the potential baffles me)

In regards to release date I was kind of hoping for a Christmas release (mainly because I desperately want a new AFL game) but I think this confirms it will probably release in time for the women's league and nab challenge kick off in Feb

I've become a Toronto Raptors fan based entirely on them drafting me in career mode in a preowned copy of NBA 2K13 I bought for $19. Had never watched a game of NBA in my life before that. It works.

I wish they'd give themselves at least one iteration to make sure the core gameplay isn't a dumpster fire before trying to integrate the women's game as well.

Yeah, I'm now even more skeptical that the game will play well, even more so than before. The last game wasn't short on bells and whistles in comparison to Live 1. They were just attached to such an awful game. If you are able to play as women's teams, but the gameplay is still horrid, it'll be pretty upsetting, though fairly unsurprising at this point.

I guess we'll wait and see, but I don't have high hopes with WW developing it. It's been a good three years since the last game, though, and five years since the 'measuring stick' in Live 1 was released, so you'd certainly expect them to better the former and they should by now be able to at least match what BA was capable of producing. I hope there's a PC version, too.

Unless I've gone insane, it appears she deleted the post.
Probably WW telling her off for giving the public any reason to suspect that a game is being made.

Yep...I asked her on the instagram post if the shoot was for the new AFL computer game and next minute...the post was deleted! No sign of my question in instagram either. So maybe that means that WW are monitoring this page.
If they are....hurry up already and announce the bloody game!

Yep...I asked her on the instagram post if the shoot was for the new AFL computer game and next minute...the post was deleted! No sign of my question in instagram either. So maybe that means that WW are monitoring this page.
If they are....hurry up already and announce the bloody game!

Let's just hope it's a super early April fools joke that Wicked Witch are the developers. :)

Yeah, I'm now even more skeptical that the game will play well, even more so than before. The last game wasn't short on bells and whistles in comparison to Live 1. They were just attached to such an awful game. If you are able to play as women's teams, but the gameplay is still horrid, it'll be pretty upsetting, though fairly unsurprising at this point.

I guess we'll wait and see, but I don't have high hopes with WW developing it. It's been a good three years since the last game, though, and five years since the 'measuring stick' in Live 1 was released, so you'd certainly expect them to better the former and they should by now be able to at least match what BA was capable of producing. I hope there's a PC version, too.

Might as well pop out AFL for the Wii. I bet it's just gonna be a PS4 port of it, like Live 2 was for The PS3. But of course, let's give them the benefit of the doubt for no objective reason, since they apparently have all the funds and time in the world, this time around. And if my theory is correct, it's not their fault. They apparently have no responsibility on their part when it comes to negotiating a deal to produce the best game possible.

Might as well pop out AFL for the Wii. I bet it's just gonna be a PS4 port of it, like Live 2 was for The PS3. But of course, let's give them the benefit of the doubt for no objective reason, since they apparently have all the funds and time in the world, this time around. And if my theory is correct, it's not their fault. They apparently have no responsibility on their part when it comes to negotiating a deal to produce the best game possible.
It must be terrible having such a negative view of everything

The fact is we're getting a new AFL game and WW are developing it so what's the point in just bashing WW non stop

Tru blu didn't choose to go with big ant after Live 1 and that sucks but they are clearly showing that they have no interest with Big Ant making AFL games so we can either go on and on about what a basket case WW are or we can try and give some helpful criticism and hope they've been given a good amount of time and money on this

Probably WW telling her off for giving the public any reason to suspect that a game is being made.

Yep, I screenshotted it because I had a good feeling that it wouldn't be around for long.

The funny thing is that I don't reckon it would have been deleted had I not posted it here, because it doesn't seem like anyone else knew about it. They're definitely monitoring this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back