AFL 2017 - R1 - Collingwood v W.Bulldogs, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to be proven wrong but honestly can't think of a single critical Dogs goal that came from an iffy free kick?

They just scrapped and scrapped and eventually broke the lines and got a goal every time the Pies came hard.

They might have got the rub of the green in general play but their goals were earned and they were too good, so I believe the whinging is a load of s**t.
How about play on get taken down and still get the free in the goal square?

How about deliberate out of bounds not paid?
How about Pendles gets very obviously tripped, and it's played advantage?
How about no free to Moore
And don't get me started on those bullshit volley ball passes, that's not footy,

The umpiring was of absolutely no consequence to the result, for christ's sake. It's always "effort" and umpiring with some people.

Collingwood threw all they had at it with the ruck advantage but their structure and lack of pace was exposed as Cloke and Crameri sucked defenders up the ground and the Dogs bit back on the counter.

Seen it from three of the four sides to play so far and I don't like it, although all are likely non-finalists.

And don't get me started on those bullshit volley ball passes, that's not footy,

lol, you can pull things like this out of every game. I could mention as many for us. Don't cry and think the world is against you precious one. Get on with it and pick out things in your control like your turn overs and dropped marks. They certainly have more influence on the result.

1) McLean clearly pulled up after the mark.
2). Wasn't deliberate in the slightest. A left foot kick that lands 5m in front of a leading player is not deliberate.
3) Crap play on call but Pies goal, no effect on game.
4) Can't remember that play.

Any more?

That trip on Pendles was payed a free kick anyway, and the umpire called advantage play on. That's viewing with two eyes anyway

When will the Dogs go a game without getting a dream run from the umps? Every single game for 2016 season and 2017 season has started the same way......Dogs are the only team who get a good run both home and away
When will you go a game without a snarky remark? One of bigfooty's biggest melters.

For those complaining about the crowd, only one Collingwood game last year other than Anzac Day had a bigger crowd. It was bigger than games against Hawthorn and Richmond and both Carlton Collingwood games.

If the Pies were a incumbent/expected finals team you could tack on 5-10k onto that crowd easy. Even Collingwood had three games against Melbourne sides last year that had less than 50,000 - simply because Pies fans didn't expect their team then and don't think now would play finals.

He's not a star, he's a decent player with an average kick. Now Judd is a star...with an average kick. Agreed on Gibson though it's not relevant.
JJ is certainly an above average kick. like I said, check the stats. And watch more games of footy than just last years Grand Final.

Omfg it was a good crowd, it was a Collingwood crowd, that's why! You may think your s**t don't stink. But we still outnumbered you

You can brag about having more fans, we can brag about being a better football side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those complaining about the crowd, only one Collingwood game last year other than Anzac Day had a bigger crowd. It was bigger than games against Hawthorn and Richmond and both Carlton Collingwood games.

If the Pies were a incumbent/expected finals team you could tack on 5-10k onto that crowd easy. Even Collingwood had three games against Melbourne sides last year that had less than 50,000 - simply because Pies fans didn't expect their team then and don't think now would play finals.

Exactly. Idk if you were there tonight TNP, but I was and it looked like we just about halved that crowd. Not bad for an away game vs the biggest club in the land. And we aren't the ones with 70k+ members.

Well deserved win to the Dogs. They look good for 2017. Umpires were not a factor in my opinion. Unfortunately for Collingwood our problems seem to be very similar to what they were in recent seasons. Poor skills with turnovers killing us. Strong effort will only go so far. Some big improvements needed if finals a chance.

Exactly. Idk if you were there tonight TNP, but I was and it looked like we just about halved that crowd. Not bad for an away game vs the biggest club in the land. And we aren't the ones with 70k+ members.
Pfffft half the crowd?? Yeah right. Probably 20% of the crowd were dogs fans which is why the crowd was so vocal for the pies and quiet for the dogs

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread and it's a game day thread...

What would you suggest? Maybe some Katy perry?
Good suggestion, I reckon Rohan's a little old for Ms Perry though.

Generally, it is a flawed and redundant comment because a hell of a lot of music from the blues to Chuck Berry, to Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, to punk and all its derivatives etc etc is teenage angst / and or protest music.

Good music is good music bro...stands the test of time. Now back to the footy.
Dunno how you conflated protest music with teenage angst, but I agree on the last bit!

Footy!

How about at least three Colllingwood goals stuffed up by poor decision making.

I agree the umps should have paid that mark to I think it was Moore mid-way through the last term but overall they didn't have any real impact on the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back