AFL 2017 - AFL Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Off topic but Melbourne Victory are good value for the A-league grand final

3.30 to lift the cup

it's a 50/50 game for mine.

Sydney aren't that good.

I would give some thought to hedging out that Richmond bet. Surprised it hasn't changed much with announcement of teams. Conca, Nankervis and Prestia out plus Edwards who is also missing. Depth players in and a project ruck.

I was on WB -10.5 earlier so I could middle, but don't think I will as the ins (Boyd in for WB) and outs are pretty significant in my eyes.
Yea i took the -18 happy to let it ride out on that

3.30 to lift the cup

Sydney aren't that good.
I know nothing about soccer, but Sydney have lost one game out of 30, and have a goal difference of +50.

I know nothing about soccer, but Sydney have lost one game out of 30, and have a goal difference of +50.

Those stats are correct but are extremely flattering. The A-league was very weak this year.
When Melbourne and Sydney played each other this year, Sydney won both times 1-0 and 2-1. Only one goal the difference. This will be another close game and the odds don't reflect that. Thus there is some value in backing Victory.

Anyway on to football

Plays so far

1u GWS -14.5

St Kilda are a good side and i expect them to be competitive for 3 quarters before fading late.

3.30 to lift the cup

Sydney aren't that good.
Would have to disagree. Sydney were a level above the rest of the competition this year. They are also 3-0 against Victory this year. There's always a chance they could choke, but I wouldn't bet against them based on everything Iv seen this year.

But anyway back to AFL
1.5U Melb -14.5
Also like the looks of Crows line if weather is ok and dogs 1-39

Take St Kilda start/West Coast start/Bulldogs 1-39/sydney over 45 for 14 odd dollars.

St Kilda should be raring to go for this one, I can't see GWS blowing this team out. St Kilda swarming defense and speed to match GWS and GWS coming off a tough game and Greene out.

West Coast want to prove they can play just as well away from home. Have won 4 of the last 5 at Adelaide oval. I think Port are overachieving a bit.

Bulldogs will win, however will meet some resistance from Richmond who played terrible against the Crows. Should be a close one, but I think Bulldogs back at their best should nudge them out in the end.

I think Sydney will lay the sword down on Brisbane in this one. Brisbane were pretty bad last week and doesn't look to get any better this week against a team desperate to win. Brisbane stay in games on the back of winning the hard ball and I think Sydney will overmatch them by a long margin here. NTM there will be no beams.

If you are adventurous, have a small dip at Sydney over 100 at 11's

Yeah but can they do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who were the 4 teams Gws beat. Anyone of note?

They smashed the saints up there last year admittingly theyre probably going worse and saints better than last year. Im expecting a 2-4 goal win from GWS tonight.

Im concerned who takes the 3rd tall forward for GWS. Is Gilbert or Roberton playing in Cameron? Thats a concern

Surprised GWS have gone so tall especially with Coniglios 1st game back

Agreed with oraz. Victory good chance and worth the odds. Were robbed in one of the games back in November or so where there was a wrong offside call which changed the game.

Always a shout with Berisha up front and it is a derby. Good bet.

Think dees could be vulnerable against a strengthened hawks outfit. Melbourne shown recently to have no killer instinct and struggle to win 2 in a row and as favourites battle. I think they could start slow against the hawks.

GWS have won there last 4 games at Etihad by an average of 39 points covering 3/4 lines.
The Saints are 2w2L covering 1/4 lines
Hence i won't be hedging -12.5
GWS have alot of injuries to quality players. I think they are really going to be rolling later in the season.

Think this game might be real close. Suspect GWS get over the line, but Saints will be up for the game you'd expect and full of confidence. I think this game might be decided late so on GWS for the 4th qtr line and hoping for under 15 / Ross 30+.

0.5u Coll -14.5 / 0.5u Coll -16.5
1u Freo -4.5
2u Port -8.5 / 1u Port -9.5
2u WB -10.5
2u Melb H2H $2.07 / 1u Melb $1.80
0.5u GWS -3.5 4th qtr
0.5u Geel -4.5 4th qtr

0.5u either StK / GWS under 15.5 and Ross 30 possies - $6.25

1.5u Freo vs Ess over 175.5
1.5u GC vs Geel over 192.5
1.5u Coll vs Carl under 178.5
1.5u NM vs Ade under 201.5

Walters 2 goals @3.25 @Bet365
Walters 3 goals @10 @Bet365

He is out of form and coming off injury but $10 odds for Walters to get 3 goals would be very rare especially when we are favourites

EDIT:
Ed Langdon 2 goals@9 @bet365
Ed Langdon 3 goals@51 @Bet365

Scored 2 goals just 2 weeks ago, he is named on halfback however he have been naming Weller forward all year and playing him back, B365 seem to have based his odds on the position he was named, he should not play off the backline.
Worth a nibble at those odds

Also take sutty 2goals and 3 goals, same odds as Langdon, less confident in this one but he played midfield in the WAFL since being dropped and dominated whilst kicking goals, just a small amount on this one.

Last edited:
Walters 2 goals @3.25 @Bet365
Walters 3 goals @10 @Bet365

He is out of form and coming off injury but $10 odds for Walters to get 3 goals would be very rare especially when we are favourites

EDIT:
Ed Langdon 2 goals@9 @bet365
Ed Langdon 3 goals@51 @Bet365

Scored 2 goals just 2 weeks ago, he is named on halfback however he have been naming Weller forward all year and playing him back, B365 seem to have based his odds on the position he was named, he should not play off the backline.
Worth a nibble at those odds

Also take sutty 2goals and 3 goals, same odds as Langdon, less confident in this one but he played midfield in the WAFL since being dropped and dominated whilst kicking goals, just a small amount on this one.

Isnt Walters playing more midfield this week to add speed.

I think a Mundy/Neale/Fyfe could be the way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back