Port Adelaide's China game strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for you to provide the evidence that Port is using money it has received from the equalisation fund to pay for its foray into China that you claimed earlier.

It's pretty damn simple economics are you denying that you receive from the equalisation fund if not and you can't show me anywhere this fictitious 2 million dollars you are getting in profit for the game I don't care about turnover as that is irrelevant

So do I need to prove you are receiving the equalisation fund or are you aware you are receiving it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's pretty damn simple economics are you denying that you receive from the equalisation fund if not and you can't show me anywhere this fictitious 2 million dollars you are getting in profit for the game I don't care about turnover as that is irrelevant

So do I need to prove you are receiving the equalisation fund or are you aware you are receiving it

No i want you to show me where Port are specifically using the monies received from the equalisation fund to pay for the venture into China as you insinuated before.

Looks like you are back pedalling at the moment :)

Hoenstly how hopeless are these clubs with their travel arrangments. Hire a private jet if need be but its a joke their travel plans.

All our players are travelling business class to Shanghai through Hong Kong as part of our sponsorship deal with Cathay Pacific. We are sending our tall players over tonight so they have more time to recover.

What else do you want us to do?

What Gold Coast and Virgin do is entirely up to them. I think Virgin flies to Singapore and then they've got a layover there for a few hours.

All our players are travelling business class to Shanghai through Hong Kong as part of our sponsorship deal with Cathay Pacific. We are sending our tall players over tonight so they have more time to recover.

What else do you want us to do?

What Gold Coast and Virgin do is entirely up to them. I think Virgin flies to Singapore and then they've got a layover there for a few hours.
Organise a direct travel plan. Ports is much better than Gold Coast but spending 22 hours to get to a destination is very poor prep.

No i want you to show me where Port are specifically using the monies received from the equalisation fund to pay for the venture into China as you insinuated before.

Looks like you are back pedalling at the moment :)

Pretty damn simple there is no way else to pay for it the game in China isn't making a profit

Is it that hard to understand

You realise Port are not the only club receiving money from the equalisation fund right? Really not sure what your point is tbh

Pretty damn simple there is no way else to pay for it the game in China isn't making a profit

Is it that hard to understand

Still no evidence to back up your claim :$

Once again the Chinese businessman is paying all the costs associated with this game being played in China.

How many times do we have to tell you this?

Once again the Chinese businessman is paying all the costs associated with this game being played in China.

51gS7oSdvHL._SX200_QL80_.jpg

Next step in the AFL's policy. A team has to be willing to 'expand the game' and for the players to strip and feature in a pr0n movie. Only those fuddy duddy VFL traditionalists stand in the way.

So Port have publicly stated that this country and culture they wish to embrace, they don't trust enough to let their players eat outside the hotel! Apparently it's been received exactly as you'd expect.

Maybe they should just chow down on the foot they seem to perpetually have in their mouths?

Wow! There's dum, and then there's really dum!

The players are going to play and win a game of footy. Every precaution should be taken to prepare the best they can.

The supporters are going to enjoy the culture, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really no one can confirm Wunhunglo is paying all these costs although we here 6 million is paid and it cost 4 million to put on according to BF posters but not one link anywhere wow surprise surprise

So Port have publicly stated that this country and culture they wish to embrace, they don't trust enough to let their players eat outside the hotel! Apparently it's been received exactly as you'd expect.

Maybe they should just chow down on the foot they seem to perpetually have in their mouths?
Hi Lance Uppercut,
The potential for food poisoning is one that all travelers face. Pathogens in the food may cause discomfort, gastroenteritis or other aliments. This isn't a reflection on the quality of the food, it is a condition of the lack of exposure to region specific agents. Whilst it is true that high heat preparation and other techniques can essentially sterilize the product, try convincing a bunch of young men that it is not a good idea to eat the meat-on-stick from the street vendor the day before an important event.

I don't believe that anywhere within the afl.com.au article did Darren Burgess make comments contrary to this.

I am sure that post-game the team, officials and supporters will get among the local attractions and have a blast - but given the importance event and relative cost, it is prudent to explore these higher risk activities after core business is conducted.

Last edited:
On the back of this article I have to ask what is the benefit from this game?

Have they even secured a tv deal for it in China yet? Last week they hadn't.

If you want sponsors, pay for their flight here.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gol...s/news-story/9bec2b77b06421a6ea6f8aee393cd8c5

It already paying dividends.

Do some reading of those giving money to the club, new sporting facilities for the state and our universities.

Then compare to those seeking to buy assets in the state.

It's called social licence.

But we're already way in front
Power Raid, you're a fair minded Port supporter. I've asked this numerous times now and got no answer, yet everyone is happy to throw around the $6m figure.
So maybe you can answer this-

Can you provide a breakdown of the $6m Port has received via this venture so far.
-Over what period has or will this be received?
-Where has is come from and what amounts from who?
-What clauses are there as to how it has to be spent?
-What are the clauses as to where it has to be spent?
-On what has any or all of it already been spent?

I'm open to it being a good venture for Port but I want to get a real picture of this $6m first.

one thing is for certain, it's puts an end to the 'We Exist To Win Premierships' bullshit, because no professional sporting club with their eyes 100% focused on winning a flag would fly their squad 7,500 km in the middle of the season to a city with such notoriously bad air pollution that Gold Coast have said they aren't taking any players who suffer asthma. Port Adelaide exist to further Kochie's ego -
Soccer tho.
Who's that gone down badly with? the Chinese public? lol

Why are you so desperate for this to fail?

Really no one can confirm Wunhunglo is paying all these costs although we here 6 milSawlion is paid and it cost 4 million to put on according to BF posters but not one link anywhere wow surprise surprise

Still nothing. Thanks for admitting defeat.

Power Raid, you're a fair minded Port supporter. I've asked this numerous times now and got no answer, yet everyone is happy to throw around the $6m figure.
So maybe you can answer this-

Can you provide a breakdown of the $6m Port has received via this venture so far.
-Over what period has or will this be received?
-Where has is come from and what amounts from who?
-What clauses are there as to how it has to be spent?
-What are the clauses as to where it has to be spent?
-On what has any or all of it already been spent?

I'm open to it being a good venture for Port but I want to get a real picture of this $6m first.

I don't know about the $6m break down but it relates to a Chinese tycoon who has bought cattle stations in WA, various businesses in SA and came second in the bid for the Kidman stations.

It was the Chinese way of getting FIRB approval.

There is a very strong port connection outside of the club that initiated this.

Hi Lance Uppercut,
The potential for food poisoning is one that all travelers face. Pathogens in the food may cause discomfort, gastroenteritis or other aliments. This isn't a reflection on the quality of the food, it is a condition of the lack of exposure to region specific agents. Whilst it is true that high heat preparation and other techniques can essentially sterilize the product, trying convincing a bunch of young men that it is not a good idea to eat the meat-on-stick from the street vendor the day before an important event.

I don't believe that anywhere within the afl.com.au article did Darren Burgess make comments contrary to this.

I am sure that post-game the team, officials and supporters will get among the local attractions and have a blast - but given the importance event and relative cost, it is prudent to explore these higher risk activities after core business is conducted.
Hi Tim Evans Beard,

Regardless, I can't think of a single good reason to discuss that publicly and offend one's hosts. Can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back