Roy Morgan 2023: Swans still number one with 1.334m supporters, Port best at converting to members

Remove this Banner Ad

I do enjoy how it gets people’s goat.

The Swans are really limited by the little and antiquated heritage listed SCG. Quite reasonably, people buying memberships expect to be able to attend.

Won’t be in my lifetime but I expect a massive 80k capacity stadium will be built in Sydney, servicing footy and cricket and other major events.

Eventually a James Dolan type will make it happen. I hope so anyway.

The Swans are really limited by the little and antiquated heritage listed SCG. Quite reasonably, people buying memberships expect to be able to attend.

Won’t be in my lifetime but I expect a massive 80k capacity stadium will be built in Sydney, servicing footy and cricket and other major events.

A 80K stadium in Sydney servicing AFL matches you say?

Are they doing any more redevelopment of the SCG? Not counting the heritage stands, a couple of areas still look undeveloped.

Who do you expect to pay for it?

Who do you expect to pay for it?

Racing and AFL. Fed and State dosh. Possi ble private sector involvement. James Dolan who owns the Knicks has built a massive stadium in Vegas with all the tech bells and whistles

Racing and AFL. Fed and State dosh. Possi ble private sector involvement. James Dolan who owns the Knicks has built a massive stadium in Vegas with all the tech bells and whistles
Racing?
I suggest that in this present economic climate, sports that want new stadiums should pay for them themselves instead of relying on taxpayers. Fed and state governments have better things to spend money on that sports stadiums, hospitals and roads etc

Racing?
I suggest that in this present economic climate, sports that want new stadiums should pay for them themselves instead of relying on taxpayers. Fed and state governments have better things to spend money on that sports stadiums, hospitals and roads etc

Build it in the middle of Randwick and have a retractable roof over the race track. Sydney racing loses billions from meetings being cancelled. The stadium would also be used for concerts and other events. Cricket could also be a junior partner. (SCG is no good)

Agree about govts having better things to spend on. It can start by quitting tax breaks for religions.... Joke , people joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I divided the population of each state by the number of supporters. Used census and Roy Morgan numbers
I just realised the Roy Morgan survey is based on Australians aged 14+ so I should have used population 14+ for each state

Victoria has the largest percentage of the population following AFL, an impressive 75%. followed by SA 52%, WA 39%, NSW 19% and QLD 17%

Tasmania?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back